Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 44
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Z has pm'd the first 3 guys on the list. Just waiting to hear back with addresses and saya pin options.
    First 3 are
    Iceman91/justin0505/WildBoar,
    If you have not already done so please send your Shipping details to Devin and saya pin options back to Z. Thanks all

Thank you Will, Rick, and Z.

Hoss

If we don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow from all of the 3 folks listed, let's go down the list as needed. I'll take care of that before I go to sleep tomorrow.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Just throwing it out there, but didn't Justin want the blade and handle materials sent directly to him? I'm sure he would be happy with a DT handle so he may change his mind, but I just thought I would put that out there.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Sayas + Pins for Justin0505, Iceman91, WildBoar have been shipped. If you want Tracking #'s, PM me.

Just a quick update for myself, I am getting close to finishing. The handle is practically done, and the bevels are almost done being flattened. I just have to finish it up and should be good to go.

Well done Don and many thanks I have not forgotten mine, just a bit snowed under

I received the saya about 1-1/2 weeks ago (it's really nice!), and a box from Panaca this morning Thanks again to everyone who jumped in and rescued this project -- there is a great forum.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to photos/reviews from the recipients.

I just received mine from Mike Davis, who generously volunteered to be one of the smiths to finish the job. Mike made a gorgeous handle from burl maple with a bocote ferrule for me.

Here's a couple of the entire knife and close ups showing the distal taper, the choil area and the grind at the heel.

I've only used the knife to cut up a cantaloupe, dice a bell pepper, slice some zucchini and cut up a peach. Other than being a little shorter than the 24 cm gyutos I am accustomed to, it is a sweet knife. Eamon said that it was designed to be a knife that is a "jack of all trades" and it is.

I'll have a food release video of this knife up in the next few days, but my experience with the cantaloupe gave me the impression that the food release is very, very good.

I want to thank everyone who got involved in taking this project from the dustpile and making it a reality - Will C., Devin T., Zweifel and anyone else who volunteered their time and skills.

Rick
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”