Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 45
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Minor correction. I've been told by one of the forum wood gurus that the ferrule is ziricote, not bocote.

R.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

You guys are truly inspiring! I've been following this soap opera for a while and it's a great feeling, even for us not involved, to see these knives being finished and starting to get into the hands of those deserving.
    Any donated and leftover knives and materials should be sold and the proceeds divided among those that volunteered time and materials. YOU ALL ROCK!

+1. Wish I had one.

Where is this at now? Does everyone have their knives back?

I think I am next in line for one, and obviously excited for this to be completed! And as voiced by many...thank you for everyone in helping complete this experience. I am sure the knives will play out to make it worth the wait, but without the extra effort for a lot of people with little to nothing to gain, this would have been for naught. Much gratitude for everyone's effort here.

Thanks for the pictures, Mikes looks great. Thank you dude I have not forgotten about mine, just have to find time to do them.

"jack of all trades' is fair -- been using it for everything while on vacation. Heel is mightier then most of my 240+ gyutos and the distal taper results in a nice thin tip for mincing. The DT ITK gyuto has stayed in its travel box all week; I think it's enjoying the time off.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Where is this at now? Does everyone have their knives back?
    I'm in the same boat as Will. Handle is done but I have to complete my disk sander to flatten the bevels (almost done).

Just want to tell everyone that the collaboration on this project still really impresses me! (And a number of people who don't understand my obsession for knives, but they too are impressed that an online forum would come together to complete all this work.)

I was one of the first three to receive one from Devin. Great little knife. Really nice grind. Cuts well and the food release is good. I put an edge on it and it sharpens up really nice, so far the edge retention has been good. Thanks to all involved, the knife is a lot of fun to use!