Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 West Coast Gathering

yeah... we had some of the new line there... i have my personal one and also one of the other people had a 270mm blue #1 kiritsuke-shaped wa-gyuto

Knives... Everyone should cut with a Gesshin Kagekiyo. Amazing cutters those. I can't wait to hear how they hold up to some hard use. I wasn't sold on the handles at first but now, I must have one. That said, there were a lot of knife rolls but not that many came out. I, myself, brought over a dozen but only two made it out. I didn't want to produce so much waste but next time, I'm bringing a case of sacrificial big-a$$ onions and potatoes then as for forgiveness.

I had a great time hanging out with the crew yesterday.
    Thanks again Michael!

Oh and big thanks to Michael for hosting again! (I hope you enjoy the olives! My daughter just reamed me for forgetting them.)

Thanks for the pictures, Jon.

Looks like it was a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Knives... Everyone should cut with a Gesshin Kagekiyo. Amazing cutters those. I can't wait to hear how they hold up to some hard use. I wasn't sold on the handles at first but now, I must have one. That said, there were a lot of knife rolls but not that many came out. I, myself, brought over a dozen but only two made it out. I didn't want to produce so much waste but next time, I'm bringing a case of sacrificial big-a$$ onions and potatoes then as for forgiveness.
    Just ask. I had a five pound bag of potatoes that I would have been to offer to be sacrificed to the Kagekiyo.

And, sorry for the small onions. I'll look for extra large ones next time.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Oh and big thanks to Michael for hosting again! (I hope you enjoy the olives! My daughter just reamed me for forgetting them.)
    Shall I mail them down to you?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    . . . and the pork was even better this year
    That's the most important thing that mattered!

I was glad to see everyone again and to have been able to host it again this year. Thank you all for being, first and foremost, generous guests.

And, that Kagekiyo? Yeah. It's kind of awesome.
    Michael

I missed the gathering for a coworkers wedding, but due to the high praise I ordered a Kagekiyo (stainless) to try out. Will let you know what I think.