2013 West Coast Gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhlee

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to gauge interest among members in the West Coast to see how many of you would be interested in attending a West Coast Gathering some time in the next few months in Southern California (Los Angeles area).

If you are interested in attending, please respond in this thread. Thanks.

If it's at all possible for me, I'll be there. :thumbsup: Thanks for offering up your home, mh.

Hell freakin yeah I'm down. Especially if Mr. Lee barbecues. Jon has to bring a Gesshin Hide Yanagiba so I can slice up some brisket. :thumbsup:

I like to go, if it's possible for me... will try hard!!! Lol...

Hell freakin yeah I'm down. Especially if Mr. Lee barbecues. Jon has to bring a Gesshin Hide Yanagiba so I can slice up some brisket. :thumbsup:
A nice yanagiba for barbecue?!!! For shame! :soapbox:

A nice yanagiba for barbecue?!!! For shame! :soapbox:

+1

Even assuming I do make brisket (probably won't), I'm not about to let you (Chef Doom) use my Gesshin Hide Yanagiba on brisket. Ribs? Maybe if Jon's there, so he can fix anything if you happen to F*** up my knife. :curse:

BTW - Thanks to everyone for responding. It looks like there's decent interest in this.

SlapChop I would car pool with you for sure, It would cut the costs down for both of us, we could ask Don from Tuscon as well

SlapChop I would car pool with you for sure, It would cut the costs down for both of us, we could ask Don from Tuscon as well

I am conveniently located in South Tempe, So If Don were on board it would not take him any further out of his way.

I can probably go and carpool with you guys. I will find out for sure soon though.

Since we've gotten some more recent in-the-area members, I figured I'd give this the obligatory bump to see if more people would be interested in coming if we go forward with this.

Thanks.

I was thinking....
Surely someone down there knows how to set up a live streaming video.
I heard that all the people in SoCal are computer gurus.
Sure would make things fun for those of us who can't make the trip.

We should contact one of the local studios in Hollywood and see if they would send a small camera crew for a potential pilot reality t.v series. We can name it "L.A. Blade Nuts". Or how about "Hollywood Cut Crew"? Or even "West Coast Sharpening Gurus"? Or even "California Custom Steel"?

Do we have a when and where yet? I could be in, if it doesn't conflict with my travel schedule

We have a tentative date and location - Saturday, August 3, 2013, Gardena, California. The starting time is TBD, but most likely early afternoon.

I hosted last year's WCG and will again host the WCG this year. I'm planning on firing up the Big Green Egg again, opening up a few bottles of wine, etc.

Back