Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 2013 West Coast Gathering

Jon's website is probably better for pics

Photos didn't work. Glad you liked it so far! I have been using mine at work every day since I got it.

-Chuck

They work for me. Let me see if I can go through another site for it.....don' do a lot of photos.

Better?

I don't see the pics either. I would like to know what knives you might compare it to in terms of edge retention and food release, what kind of board you are using and whether you tend to do a lot of board striking while you're cutting. Thanks! edit: Those new pics work great!

I would like to clearly state that I am a home, light user so edge retention type questions I will leave to others in a more intensive environment. I probably sharpen too much even as infrequently as I sharpen my own (sharpen others more often)

As I mentioned that I am probably not qualified to do an in-depth review, but in comparison my main knife is a DT ITK 240mm AEL-B with petty companion, also use a Fowler gyuto (too flat for me, but makes a great slicer for flank steak, etc.), kono 270 white #2 (just gave to knifenerd to PIF), Tojiro 270 powered steel (first "real" knife). Of course others, a few paring, torijo bread knife and boning knife, others.

Still waiting on a Marko and a Mario which should give me a good comparison on release.

As far as boards to, have a Boardsmith for large volume stuff, and for small things I use epicurean composites....try not to hit the board that hard too often.

Nah. You're fine. I'm just hot under the collar to get one of these. I'm looking forward to any additional info/impressions you're willing to supply.

Too bad I am not still down in San Diego, would have been happy to lend it to you for a while.