• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 30cm Kasumi Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
:(

Due to some unexpected expenses I must try to let this beauty go.

Almost new, sharpened 3-4 times.

This one is very nice example with amazing clouding. Total zigzacs over the whole length of "jigane"

I made a saya for this one, and its the best one I ever managed. I will try to catch some pics but please understand I am moving out and moving in and renovating the new flat and repairing my car and work at my day job all at the same time so it will not be easy.

I started polishing this blade so its thinned, and ready for final polishing. I can try to finish it myself.

Asking 600 Plus shipping = Usually 60 dollars registered.

Also for sale is small deba 18 cm Hongasumi Kikuichi Mitsuhide flat profile. Excellent value at 130 bucks shipped [unregistered]

Later I might consider selling Kato 27cm Pm with offers guys!

you might

AND for sale
480 plus shipping! Kato 27cm. Well used. Easily you will find pics in my threads about it. I actually am using it at work this week. Two small chips to the edge. Oh well
Shigs were my most gorgeus knives but this one is the hardest to let go of and gives me most heartache of them all.
This is not a knives for babies/amateurs. Lets be honest. Its big heavy blade. End of story. It might be 53mm on the heel now. Cannot check its at work
Due to moving and other stuff I will not be able to polsih it before posting.
Comes with handle I made and a saya I made. Both visible here

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/7943-Kiyoshi-Kato-27cm/page4

I read it, sorry I don't know a ton about different knife makers... I have a kikuichi, thats why I was confused. It's a beautiful knife, thanks for the pictures

Whew, big sale! You must really need the $ to let these favs go. I've noticed your posts before and imagine that after the work you put into your knives, as used they are likely in better shape than new knives. You should post a photo of the yanagiba saya.

I can't find any information or links to any of those names matching this knife. I think it looks great, but I have no cross reference as to what it is or where it came from or specs of any sort.

Dont be offended. Please :) Thats just my style.
When I bought the knife, I couldnt find much info myself, just that such shop exists in real life, but no catalogue.
In the same time, I bought it from a man that I trusted - bishamon. That was enough for me.

And keep in mind you suppose to pay a price that is 2x lower then the cheapest decent new deba currently on the market. And better finished, and imho better steel/HT.
Im selling this cause I bought a Masamoto mioroshi to use on salmon instead of this one.

it looks really sweet, I do salmon at work all the time and need a deba, I am used to using a kiritsuke for this job which has a flat profile as well. Do you think this would be a good pick for me?

The spine at handle is 9mm thick

I thought it was a good pick for the dollar I spent on it, in the same time I missed a little edge length. This is actually 182mm on the edge, which is sufficient but I like long blades. I started with this one and Im quite glad I did cause I dodnt have to spend 400 on mioroshi back then.
I am not sure if it would be right choice for you simply because I dont know you.
Again, keep in mind, this here is compromise knife cause it might not be the best for the job but its cheap to learn on.

Hey

I am very sorry for the delay. For the last 3 weeks I was in the state of trance with moving, car repairs and job.

I will click some pics on sunday.

Anyone wants a Kato? I of course couldnt let that one go without polishing so that will get snorted out, again, I will try to do some thing about pics on sunday.

Whoa, lot's of stuff going on there Mike!

Good luck with the sales!

We should get together once the dust settles, share a wee dram and some knife-geekery;)

Whoa, lot's of stuff going on there Mike!

Good luck with the sales!

We should get together once the dust settles, share a wee dram and some knife-geekery;)

Very happily B ;)

Unfortunately that might not happen earlier than in august :( Im off for holidays whole july.

Deba guys I am waiting for answer from Don, which is first in line and a VIP in my eyes. Lets see when he answers.

This is a sneak peak on polishing I started doing today.
Now, when I meant bad-arse clouds, are they?

Mikes Yanagi had some of the craziest clouds i ever seen on Kasumi Shig

So lucky buyer !! :D

Hehe good for buyer bad for me... :(

OK, I would love to send these out before friday

600 for the Shig shipped.

480 for the Kato shipped.
We talk registered here!!

Or grab both for a grand.

Now i am trying to sell stuff to have enough money to convince the wife i NEED this knife...

That is one sexy Shig!
Somebody please buy this!
I could buy it, but then I would have to pay for a pricey divorce lawyer!

Kato is now 420 shipped

Shig is now 550 shipped as is, not fully polished

Or both for 900 ;)

Latest posts

Back