First Real Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quitle

Reaction score
So i have been lurking and reading up for a couple weeks now and decided to get my first real knife. I'm i novice cook so to me a couple hundred dollars for one knife seemed alot. But one i received my Tanaka I realized these knives are also works of art. So just wanted to say hello and show my purchase.

RRprMUmFAvp-nLkHxBMw6kvyc09r-yXN-eZe6K3lu_0

u-dOQYFU2Uwqn1QLdrT5Qkvyc09r-yXN-eZe6K3lu_0

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, I think you need a certain amount of post before you're eligible to post photos.

Thanks rdm_magic for posting for me! And thanks all for the welcomes. It is truly addicting and i LOVE it.

Welcome to what my fiancé likes call "forum of enablers".

:welcome2: Tanaka gyuto is great Bang for the buck knife, good choice for the first J knife

i have the same knife and after easing the spine and choil and thinning a bit is a really solid performer

See the pics now. Great choice...again....

Welcome, prepare your wallet for destruction...muahhaahahahahaa:justkidding:

Welcome! If you like your arm hair and a full wallet, you may not want to hang around here too much :biggrin:

Welcome! You'll love this new hobby, just invest in a safe, put your wallet in it and give your partner the keys!!

Back