Hi, I'm new to the forum

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Gibson

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Brad, I'm a cook from San Diego, CA. I've been cooking for a little over two years now. I currently am working in a Steakhouse but French cooking has always been the style of food that I've wanted to get into(I think of my current job as sort of a stepping stone and resume builder). I've actually been looking at the forum for a while now but just have recently signed up. I always try to keep an eye on the buy/sell/trade portion of the forum so I can either drool over the knives or see if there is anything that I could actually ever afford. It's hard to get your hands on a good piece of steel when you are working for pebbles! I'd really like to get involved in some of the passarounds that you guys do. It seems like it would be a cool way for me to be able to test out different knives and see what I really want before I spend my life savings on one. :lol2:

Anyways, Thanks for reading, I hope to talk to you guys more and get your opinions on what's good and what's not so good.

-Brad:knife:

Welcome Brad, you've got the rest of your life to (continuously) spend your life's savings on knives!

I'm suprised I haven't broken my mouse by clicking on that konosuke 210mm petty knife picture as many times as I have. haha

But I guess its better to have some sort of aspirations than to have everything I could ever want in life. Or is it?

I've seen that you have been doing a lot of custom handles, I have a tojiro kiritsuke that could use some love in that area. Would you ever think about doing something like that? And how much does it cost to do on average?

Brad-I'm in San Diego too and would happy to help you out with any questions you have or let you borrow a couple of my knifes. Out of curiosity, which Steakhouse are you at? I seem to end up at West Steakhouse in Carlsbad a Couple of times a month...Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Pesky

I work at the Steakhouse at Azul in La Jolla. Are you a cook/chef as well?

cool, i am about to take a sous chef title there if I can get myself to commit to staying for another year... You should come in and let me cook for you sometime!

thanks, its great to only have joined a few hours ago and already received so many welcoming messages. I'm glad I took the step to sign up and talk to you guys after only watching from a distance for so long.

Really? Where is it? I know of the knife merchant.com guy but I didn't know any others were in my area

Back