Quantcast
JKI Soap Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JKI Soap Review

JKI Soap Review

First off, let me thank Chuck239 who donated soap to my purchase when I bought his used Blazen 240. The soap was a gift, and I wanted to make sure other members know how functional of a gift it was. The soap sold by Japanese Knife Imports is awesome. The description on the website mentions the natural pumice that is included in the soap, and honestly, it does the work you need. If you have ever spent an afternoon working on knives, and your hands are black or gray, this soap works wonders. It is abrasive enough to remove most metal and mud, and it smells nice too. I have been learning to sharpen, and have spent far too many hours taking metal off of one of Son's old Dexter 12" chefs knife. Afterward, I actually look forward to using the JKI soap - it removes the swarf, cleans my hands, cleans under my nails, and leaves my hands smelling like something other than carbon metal scrapings. Chuck - thanks for sending it along - it has been put to good use. If anyone wants to know how to maintain a decent set of hands after a few hours of whetstones, look no further.

it's definitely very good soap!

Engorged Member
    Love that soap. Smells good too.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

The first rule of fight club is...
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Do you know when you might have more in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i have to have it made
    Build it and they will come........

Sponsors
    lol... i just called the company... i think we can start on having the soap made again tomorrow, but it takes a bit of time to make the soap the way we like it. I'll keep you guys posted.

What is the exact type of pumice the soap is made from, and what is the micron size of the grits?