Media New show on discovery channel.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of them, but I'm outside that particular circle of friends. One of the guys smokes what appears to be a Peterson pipe and plays with knives so must be a pretty classy operation.

:)

Todd is one of those custom makers that you need to stand in line to draw a number from a hat at shows to have the privilege of buying one of his knives. But I don't think he has ever made much in the way of kitchen knives.

I tried to watch that show, butt it is a direct ripoff of Orange County Choppers and I hate that format!

He is a very skilled knife maker, but I'm with the others... Cant stand the format of the show

NOthing like pissing off someone than having a 6 year waiting list, then have you filming nothing getting done in the shop.

went looking at what his line looks like

images

Granted that one is pretty pricey, but his low price ones start out at 500.

not sure the price on that one. the 500$ ones I saw were pretty much plane looking.

I do like your post Crothcipt. :) In my experience, that is true of a lot of the makers with long waiting lists.

What's worse is, he films guys walking in and skipping the waiting list.

I was thinking that as I watched the two they have posted. Maybe they had been on the list for 6 years, they said "hey we are shooting a show now want to be on it?" I know I would be pissed. Are all of his knives water jetted?

What's worse is, he films guys walking in and skipping the waiting list.

That's a lot more common than u think.....money talks and well I think u know what walks.....there are lots of deals before knife shows in hotel rooms.....makers havenfavoritesthat they make exceptions for etc.....nobody talks about it though.....I've seen it many times.....ryan

That's a lot more common than u think.....money talks and well I think u know what walks.....there are lots of deals before knife shows in hotel rooms.....makers havenfavoritesthat they make exceptions for etc.....nobody talks about it though.....I've seen it many times.....ryan

II know it happens and I'm sure it's quite often. I just think it's a slap in the face to waiting customers to film it and shove it in their faces.

went looking at what his line looks like

images

Granted that one is pretty pricey, but his low price ones start out at 500.

The one pictured is a "customized" (blinged out) version of what seems to be a mid-tech/ semi-production line of folders. The line normally runs $500-$800 but, according to the show the one in the picture would sell for $4000. I wonder if the steel is from Hoss?

He seems like a super talented machinist, grinder, engineer (and designer if you like what looks like a knife version of an OC chopper). I think the show really could be interesting if they focused on the learning process of the 2 brothers and the young guys and let the audience learn along with them, but after watching the 2 episodes online, you get the same feeling as with OC choppers: that any learning you manage to do is done despite the best efforts of the producer.

Other pics had watermarks from the sellers.

I agree with hoping it is going to be informative, but don't see that happening.

Latest posts

Back