Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New show on discovery channel.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    not sure the price on that one. the 500$ ones I saw were pretty much plane looking.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    NOthing like pissing off someone than having a 6 year waiting list, then have you filming nothing getting done in the shop.
    I do like your post Crothcipt. In my experience, that is true of a lot of the makers with long waiting lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    I do like your post Crothcipt. In my experience, that is true of a lot of the makers with long waiting lists.
    What's worse is, he films guys walking in and skipping the waiting list.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I was thinking that as I watched the two they have posted. Maybe they had been on the list for 6 years, they said "hey we are shooting a show now want to be on it?" I know I would be pissed. Are all of his knives water jetted?
    Chewie's the man.

Doesn't seem like Todd is the one-man custom shop he once was.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    What's worse is, he films guys walking in and skipping the waiting list.

That's a lot more common than u think.....money talks and well I think u know what walks.....there are lots of deals before knife shows in hotel rooms.....makers havenfavoritesthat they make exceptions for etc.....nobody talks about it though.....I've seen it many times.....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    That's a lot more common than u think.....money talks and well I think u know what walks.....there are lots of deals before knife shows in hotel rooms.....makers havenfavoritesthat they make exceptions for etc.....nobody talks about it though.....I've seen it many times.....ryan
    II know it happens and I'm sure it's quite often. I just think it's a slap in the face to waiting customers to film it and shove it in their faces.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    went looking at what his line looks like

Granted that one is pretty pricey, but his low price ones start out at 500.
    The one pictured is a "customized" (blinged out) version of what seems to be a mid-tech/ semi-production line of folders. The line normally runs $500-$800 but, according to the show the one in the picture would sell for $4000. I wonder if the steel is from Hoss?

He seems like a super talented machinist, grinder, engineer (and designer if you like what looks like a knife version of an OC chopper). I think the show really could be interesting if they focused on the learning process of the 2 brothers and the young guys and let the audience learn along with them, but after watching the 2 episodes online, you get the same feeling as with OC choppers: that any learning you manage to do is done despite the best efforts of the producer.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Other pics had watermarks from the sellers.

I agree with hoping it is going to be informative, but don't see that happening.
    Chewie's the man.

Makes me not miss cable even more.