Quantcast
Squeeze bottles from mind of a chef
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squeeze bottles from mind of a chef

Squeeze bottles from mind of a chef

Has anyone seen the squeeze bottles from the show when he is in the kitchen, the Spain episode. I want to get some for my kitchen at work.

John
    Respect all Fear none

Try this:
    http://www.jbprince.com/professional-pastry/bottles.asp

I don't remember exactly which ones he used in that episode, but I've seen some of the bottles from JBPrince on his show

I get squeeze bottles at my local restaurant supplier. Funny thing is I've had a couple that leaked around the cap and it makes a collective mess where you park them. Others are fine - injection molding at its finest.

For those of you that cook for a living and make use of these squeeze bottles at work, what do you typically keep in them? Do you only use them at the end when you are plating a dish, as much for decoration as for flavor?

I use them for oil, vinegar cream etc
    Respect all Fear none

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    For those of you that cook for a living and make use of these squeeze bottles at work, what do you typically keep in them? Do you only use them at the end when you are plating a dish, as much for decoration as for flavor?
    They're great for all kinds of stuff. For fruit coulis, caramel sauce, basil oil, etc. for decorative plating. Or for liquid mise en place, ie sherry/Marsala for deglazing where a glass bottle would be hazardous on the line. Filled with olive oil, stock, really the uses are limited only by what makes sense for you and your cooks and your menu.

It was sort of a silly question, I just wondered if they are used in many kitchens, or really only in fine dining establishments for decorating plates. I can certainly see how they would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    It was sort of a silly question, I just wondered if they are used in many kitchens, or really only in fine dining establishments for decorating plates. I can certainly see how they would be useful.
    I work in a corporate dining place and we use squeeze bottles for a lot of things, clarified butter, oil, pesto cream etc
    Respect all Fear none

Our current menu has squeeze bottles for: ketchup, dijon mustard, aioli, caraway aioli, creme fraiche, honey red wine vinaigrette, molasses mustard, chardonnay vinegar, olive oil, sunflower oil, ancho jus, herb vinaigrette, harissa & fish sauce aioli, champagne zabaglione, maple mole sauce, pureed lemon preserves, lemon juice, chicken jus, hollandaise, champagne vinaigrette, ramp pesto, vegetable stock, plus maybe a half a dozen that I am forgetting.

Some are for plating, some are just a convenient delivery vessel.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

So does anyone know where do to get those bottles ? The tops are very different then normal squeeze tops. Check out the Spain show and you will see what I mean
    Respect all Fear none

+ Reply to Thread