Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squeeze bottles from mind of a chef

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    ...a convenient delivery vessel.
    Yeah, what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by azchef View Post
    So does anyone know where do to get those bottles ? The tops are very different then normal squeeze tops. Check out the Spain show and you will see what I mean
    I guess the JBPrince link I gave a I've doesn't have the right ones???

Chef dog
    It's close but not exactly the same. Look at them if u can
    Respect all Fear none

squeeze bottles are how i apply water to my stones as im sharpening knives FWIW. i find its just easier to control how much water you want on your stone that way.
    also, i hate having to refill squeeze bottles in the middle of a shift! thats the only downside of using them. so i try and keep back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    squeeze bottles are how i apply water to my stones as im sharpening knives FWIW. i find its just easier to control how much water you want on your stone that way.
    also, i hate having to refill squeeze bottles in the middle of a shift! thats the only downside of using them. so i try and keep back ups.
    I use an empty sriracha bottle while sharpening. The adjustable flow of the tip comes in handy. They can be used for any liquid that's thin enough.

I also use a squeeze bottle for water while sharpening. Every job I have worked in the ktichen has used as many squeeze bottles as possible. GM uses them for vinaigrettes, dressings, sauces, etc. we use them for different finishing oils as well. On any given night, each station has roughly 5-7 squeeze bottles for service (a total of 6 stations at my previous job, 3 at my current one). For hot sauces, we've always used thermoses.

Deleted.
    Double post.

Azchef,
    Now that I think about it, I think the ones you're talking about have a top that twists open and closed, right?
    If so, you need a lot of empty Sriracha bottles. They have tops that twist open, allowing you to control the flow. You just have to order a care of sriracha, empty them all out into a lexan, give 'me a wash, and you're good to go. A couple dozen bottles, and a sh*tload of hot sauce!!!

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Disposable piping bags I find is the best way to fill squeeze bottles, especially for thicker things ( aioli, purées etc)
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

sriracha is delicious in a buffalo wing sauce *hint hint*