Quantcast
kidney stones and cooks. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kidney stones and cooks.

I drink lots of water all the time. All I drink is water and fruit juice. No soda, no alcohol, nothing

I had one last year. Woke up in agony and immediately did what any sensible person would do - googled the symptoms.
    It was either a kidney stone or testicular torsion. It's amazing how fast you can drive to the ER when you think one of the boys may be at stake....

I was also horrified to see just how small it was when passed. 2-3mm. Felt like such a wimp. Can't imagine a pea-sized.....
    I truly feel for anyone who has or had or will have one.

I haven't had one (knocks on wood) in ten years, but it was awful. Puking was the least of it. I've been obsessively hydrating since then. Even then it can sneak up on you, one of the guys I worked with had high blood pressure, was taking medication for it, and the medication dehydrated him to the point where he had to be hospitalized. You can think you are taking care of yourself and still have the terrible consequences. My thoughts go out to you FB, I wish I knew something to do aside from hydrating. If the docs tell you any tricks to avoid this pain, and missed work, please share!

Cranberry juice. When I was in the Army hospital there was a guy who had a catheter into his bladder, and he wouldn't drink the cranberry juice, so the thing would clog up. Then the docs would remove the tube and jam another one in. Each time it happened they were less gentle, and you could hear it all over the ward.
    Cranberry juice! Drink it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

kidney stone sucks.... so sorry to hear that. Let's hope it'll never happen again!

Well ct scans came in last night. I have a 2.5mm stone in my bladder that wants to pass. Which is what was giving me the pain in my left side. They also found another one on my right that's still in my kidney. That one needs to get shockwaved. After an overnighter like this, I ain't waiting for it to get down to my urinary tract and pass. I'm still having pains at the moment.

Hydrate whenever I can, as much as I can. I eat cranberries when I can find any. I also try to look out what I eat and whatnot.

Thanks everyone. Gonna get out of the hospital today and will schedule the procedure soon as I can get to it

I suspect that the lemongrass essence and water I have been taking is aggrevated the situation. Since it's a powerful diuretic. I just didnt think it would be this soon and this painful. =(

This'll put a damper on my wanting to take up butchery for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Dehydration did it to me.
    That's interesting. I drink water when I work and can go through 6 litres a day sometimes but then inevitably I need to take a leak quite often so I find myself purposefully limiting how much water I drink

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Probably more to do with not staying well hydrated. Drink more water.
    Yup, good advice! I only had a small kidney stone once and it was on a crazy busy day. It definitely happened because I didn't drink enough water. Luckily mine was really small so meds broke it up and I didn't have to piss it out. Still hurt like a ***** though, I was on Oxy for 3 days.

I have drop two stones...the second time was worse....I truly feel your pain

have you guys had your stones analyzed? Are they calcium based? Or monsodium urate? If the latter, have you ever had gout?