Quantcast
kidney stones and cooks. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kidney stones and cooks.

Almost all kidney stones are calcium oxalate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Almost all kidney stones are calcium oxalate.
    Not true, up to 30-40% can can caused by and overproduction or underexcretion of uric acid. the same metabolic disorder that is resposible for gout, or a monosoduium urate arthrothopy commonly found in the feet or knees, otherwise known as gout. Psuedogout can also occur in the knees, which primarily consitsts of calcium pyrophosphate crystals and the inflammatory reaction to them.

So all of us need to drink more water w/ cranberry juice?

If it is in fact monsodium urate, you can make dietary changes, such as ingesting less purines (organ meats, shellfish or beer). Otherwise there are very cheap medical alternatives are available.

i had mine analyzed. mine are calcium based ones. never had gout.

=D

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I hate having gout. It is more confusing than anything else I have ever encountered. When looking up information you get the standby line of talk with your doctor. It's a kidney problem that is also a part of arthritis.
    Chewie's the man.

Yep gout sucks. Got it when i was 30, which is the exact age my dad, uncle and grandad got it too. While it can be largely hereditary, diet can control it. Unfortunately booze is a big one which is why i will probably get it forever! Funny, lying in agony, its easy to swear off booze, but when your healthy its easily forgotten....

Calcium for me. There is a cheap drug that helps and seems to have few side effects. I was also given a list of foods to avoid that are high in purinal. Asparagus and chocolate, and others; but I hate to give up that chocolate asparagus.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

i quit drinking as my father is an irepairable alcoholic (he claims to have "quit" but keeps sneaking a few bottles here and there).

i told myself i would never want to be like that. but then, we can't tell until we get there.

i too love asparagus. =(

ever since i got stones i have cut down heavily on my intake. but this time ever since early this year, i have stopped cold turkey. i'd rather have knives and SHARPENING stones than kidney stones. =D

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    It's tough to stay hydrated on the line during service. Depending on what station you're working, you either sweat it all out, or you have to hold it through service-which can be seriously painful!-Or Both!
    I know I'm going to have one or 2 or 3 of these in my life and I'm not looking forward to pebbles or boulders coming out of my peepee hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

+ Reply to Thread