Quantcast
Bought our first House - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought our first House

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Whoa, Ben. That house is killer!

It's got a pretty front anyway

In addition to the huge repair bill, unfortunately, there's no real backyard to speak of, just a front yard right at the corner of two streets with "meh" light. In addition to knives and cooking my other hobby is gardening which this house isn't really ideal for... But it's in a nice town, a quick ride in to NYC, and once we do the repairs and are ready to sell in a few years, we will hopefully be able to make some money off of it.

The kitchen was redone recently, however. They've got some new appliances in there and they put in some low-grade granite or marble or some such countertop. Everything looks nice I suppose (just not my style, honestly) but aren't really made for performance... But still. At least I don't have to re-do the kitchen unless I really WANT to. And the LAYOUT of the kitchen is actually pretty damn good. It's got plenty of storage and counterspace, and while there are seats for an Eat-In/Congregation area, it's OUT of my working area. I hate guests crowding me as I'm trying to cook.

So the kitchen is set. And it also has bedrooms. Kitchen and Bedroom... That's all I really need in a house ... The rest is just crap I have to vacuum and keep clean

Love it! Unusual and classic at the same time.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

nice house!! i like it.

buying a home was the best and worst decision ever. hahah..the repairs rattled my feeble nerves.

but i bought a shack.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    So the kitchen is set. And it also has bedrooms. Kitchen and Bedroom... That's all I really need in a house ... The rest is just crap I have to vacuum and keep clean
    My list of 'must-haves' includes bathrooms. But I admittedly never was into camping, etc., so self-fertilizing the garden has never been high on my list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    My list of 'must-haves' includes bathrooms. But I admittedly never was into camping, etc., so self-fertilizing the garden has never been high on my list of things to do.
    Kitchen has sink, garbage disposal, and pull out sprayer-ma-jiggy... Geez man, why you need something so FANCY?

Congrats and WELCOME HOME!

That house looks amazing.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Nice Tudor. I grew up in a similar style house in Teaneck, then tenafly! Enjoy.

Nice -- congrats!

We've got a contract pending on a new place, and are selling our current home (been here ~12 years). Exciting, but super stressful.