Quantcast
Too many sub-forums! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too many sub-forums!

Still too many! It's funny, I was just thinking the other day how I don't like forums with so many sub forums, not a comment on this site in particular, just overall. I remember back in the day on KF when we just had ITK, nothing else, we all hung out there, we had all our off topic posts in there, no one cared, you could just hang out in one spot and see everything and talk to everyone. Now I have to look all over the place, it wears me out. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think 3 sub forums total would be perfect. We're all friends here. :biggrin2:

I know as sites get bigger and there are more members and more posts it helps to be organized, but I still miss the good old days.

I should also add, I was lazy in registering (I don't really know why) but I read the site for a bit before I got around to it. I just looked and it has gotten A LOT better regarding less cluttered with sub forums. Thanks Dave! (Still too many though )

FWIW, I almost always just click on 'New Posts', so the number of subforums is not very noticeable to me. I think it's more of an issue when searching or wanting to start a new thread (but in both of those cases I think the current strucure is pretty good).

I'm constantly thinking about this and I'm reluctant to make the site any smaller (or rather compact) at this time. I do appreciate the feedback though, I like to hear what people are thinking.

I really like how this forum is laid out.I think it is great that the knifemakers and vendors have there own spot,if someone makes a new blade or handle i know where to find them.

It should also be noted that when comparing this new place to the old place, that the old place was just a subforum of a bigger place. This new place is more like the overall old place, not just the slice of the old place that it was.

I think you've struck a nice balance, but then like someone else suggested, I always go to "new posts," which then lists the new posts in every forum. In fact, that's the link I have in my favorites/bookmarks. You do have to remember to click the "mark forums read" when you leave to avoid having those you chose not to read appear on the list when you return.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by FryBoy View Post
    I think you've struck a nice balance, but then like someone else suggested, I always go to "new posts," which then lists the new posts in every forum. In fact, that's the link I have in my favorites/bookmarks. You do have to remember to click the "mark forums read" when you leave to avoid having those you chose not to read appear on the list when you return.
    This is the most efficient way to browse the forum.

+ Reply to Thread