Quantcast
Too many sub-forums! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too many sub-forums!

i have to confess i'm still a little bit confused...at any given time i'll have 5 tabs open with each subforum and then a few more with the topics i'm reading...

i do love the quick reply though! good think there's a time limit between post

I think there's too many subforums by a factor of 2 or 3. If I were asked, I'd probably try to put forums that would collect active threads about knives in one, maybe two forums. Then you have vendor forums, offtopic, and support forums. A forum for pics. Finally a forum for knowledge-base stuff: stickies, long explanations, videos, etc.

I like the look of it much better. I do, however, think that the buy/sell/trade could be separated, but that is just me. That last thing I need is to click into "the kitchen" and have purchasing temptation

Also, just an idea (and possibly a bad one). I think it would be great to have a sub-forum or somewhere where there would be a list of production knives and stones, where users could give feedback. You can always search I guess, but I found that a bit clumsy in the past as many reviews get buried quite easily.

Just thoughts.

k.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I appreciate the changes the forum has had so far. One poster said the look today will be far different than in one year and I agree 100%. The changes do make the forum easier and less cluttered. Keep improving it Dave.

Also, the back and forth posting I am seeing now here is a lot like the other forum once was when I joined three years ago. I hope it always stays this fresh and interesting!

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    You'll definitely want to consider a sticky topic in the Welcome forum, with a comprehensive list of links to various parts of the forum, and a synopsis of how to use them. Obviously that could wait until the various parts of the forum have "settled" more.