Quantcast
F/S Custom Carbon Santoku <<< For Sale >>>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F/S Custom Carbon Santoku <<< For Sale >>>

F/S Custom Carbon Santoku <<< For Sale >>>

OK. Heres one I have been working on for a few weeks as I have had the chance. Im very happy with the grind on this one and know whoever gets it will be too.

Its a BIG Daddy Santoku. Measuring in at 235mm on the edge and approx 64mm tall at the heel. The blade is 1095 heat treated to 60/61 Its approx 2.4mm thick with distal taper to the tip. .75mm approx 1 CM behind the tip. and thin behind the edge. OAL 36.3 CM or 14 1/4"

The Spine is rounded from in front of the handle all the way to the tip. The choil is relieved. Blade is machine finished to approx 600g

The handles on this one are outrageous!!! Stabilized Cedar burl from our buddy in Alaska. Craig Stevens. This stuff is spectacular. And the shop will smell like cedar for a few days!!

Features Black Yellow Black laminated spacers. Brass fasteners/bolts with single center mosaic made with Brass, copper and stainless combination!

Asking price for this beauty is $730.00 Delivered in the USA. Add 20.00 for everywhere else. Post here or message me to secure this one.

Here are some images I still need to add my makers mark and the final edge. Its sharp. But not """ SHARP """ Can be ready for shiping by tomorrow mornings mail!

Thanks everyone for checking out our work. and for your continued support and encouragement.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Wow, those yellow spacers just kill it, Randy. Spectacular as usual. But I thought you were going to slow down after last week. I should have known better, lol.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Oh, one other thing. When did you sell your soul to the devil in exchange for all of the outrageously great handle materials. I mean it; the Gyuto just arrived today and I almost broke my neck slipping in the puddle of drool that I left on the floor. Don't know how you do it.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

This one has been a unique challenge that I sorta took personally. Some here dont care for this style of knife much. So I wanted to make one I thought EVERYONE would or could use and love. I think I may of done that with this.

Being 2.5" tall. and this long. Setting the tapers and bevels and adjusting the edge profile to work. Was a fun challenge.

Then as soon as I thought I was happy with it. I spec'd it and realized It needed some attention at the tip and one spot on one face. So I worked it a second time. Then set it down for a few days. And when I came back to it. I had just ground the other Santuko and Nakiri I posted last week. and determined. There was even more room for improvement. So I worked the blade again. Then when to the BURL box and these scales JUMPED out and screamed ME, ME ME. So I figured I had better listen.

Ed. Thanks again brother. Now you better wrap that 240 Gyuto up and send it to your family.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

You are still the king of bling. I really like the scale and liner combo... and that blade. That's one impressive chunk of steel. Profile looks really good: I like the overall rise to the edge and the smooth transition to the tip. Not much to dislike there
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin. Thanks much brother!

I was thinking about doing a forced patina to this one. Maybe a mustard. or something. Its ALOT of shinny stuff. Im not use to it. If the buyer wants a forced patina added . Ill be happy to do so.

Availible Knives

That's perfect for a Steelers fan.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    That's perfect for a Steelers fan.
    Hecks YEA!!

Availible Knives

Price drop. 695.00 Delivered in the USA

Availible Knives

Oh man. Another "I really wish" knife! Stunning work, Randy! But I have to ask, no maker's mark?