Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some weird stuff we eat...

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Well, I haven't heard of Japanese doing anything like this for a long, long time.

I see that you refer to Japanese people as "Japs". May I call you "Chink"?
    Ya, eating dog meat isn't part of Japanese culture. It's more Korean. Thai don't eat dog meat. As to Chinese, they eat everything, moving or not. Everyone will learn to eat anything during famine.

And don't get worked up so much on what people call Japanese. Last that I know, most Asian countries still have strong resentment in Japanese war crimes (that were never acknowledged by post war JP governments).

Quote Originally Posted by Cnimativ View Post
    And don't get worked up so much on what people call Japanese. Last that I know, most Asian countries still have strong resentment in Japanese war crimes (that were never acknowledged by post war JP governments).
    C'mon guys, this kind of stuff really does not belong on this forum. The atmosphere here is very friendly, and this exchange is not very welcome.

true. sorry about that. can't find the 'edit' button.

There's an old saying to the effect that the Chinese will eat anything with legs except a table and anything that flies except an airplane.

Sorry, not exactly P.C.

James

Hey sorry bout the "***" thing. I didn't know that it would offend.
    And I did not say that the Japanese eat dogs.. There are vids of them eating sashimi from a live fish and all.. And maybe you could take a look at the video that was posted not so long ago?

O and by the way, most of the younger generation have already forgave and forgot about the war..

Some fish are really hard to kill so I can believe that they can survive being scaled and gutted. One such example is the wirrah (or brown rock cod) generally considered a trash/pest fish by Anglo-Australians but enjoyed by some ethnic groups.

These ugly mofos just refuse to go quietly. Bashing it over the head doesn't work, 'spiking' didn't work - bastid just kept thrashing around in the sink and oozing great gobs of slime through its skin (they're renowned for this). It finally went down after I cut its head off. The whole experience was quite unsettling.

They're easy to catch but disgusting to eat (another is nickname is 'boot'). Tough like a tyre and the skin goes like leather. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I see that you refer to Japanese people as "Japs". May I call you "Chink"?
    Settle down, Rambo. If you think it was rude, say so. There is no need to be a jerk about it and throw down like that. I'm sure that Mel did not mean to be offensive.