• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wanted: jns 1000 stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking for a 1k splash n go, this seems to fit the bill so send me an offer if you've got one you're not using. going to be using it in conjunction with a jKs 3k as an easy peasy 1-2 combo.

Unfortunately it's a soaker. Not splash and go.

IME it works very well as a splash and go stone. It uses a little water for the first couple minutes, but I haven't noticed any real difference in performance either way. I usually run it under the faucet for a minute or two and have at it.
Either way, it's a very good stone, and I'm keeping it for a while, sorry panda.

IME it works very well as a splash and go stone. It uses a little water for the first couple minutes, but I haven't noticed any real difference in performance either way.

its absolutly not "splash and go" , jns1k drink alot of water.
maybe you dont try another GOOD coarse stones, like Chocera or King hyper.

I find that mine is a pretty hefty guzzler of water also, not that I mind that in the least, but I would not consider it a splash'n'go stone.

its absolutly not "splash and go" , jns1k drink alot of water.
maybe you dont try another GOOD coarse stones, like Chocera or King hyper.

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at concerning the GOOD coarse stones. I just sold a chosera 400, which I thought was a very nice stone. Maybe our opinions of what constitutes a "lot" of water are different.
Either way, I get good results from the JNS 1K, as I did from the chosera 400.

I absolutely love mine I just find that it sucks a lot of water.

It looses the smooth feeling when the surface dries up. To keep the surface moist, the stone relies on the 'beach sand' effect where water will well up around the pressure from a knife. The stone needs to be full of water to perform nicely like this IMO.

Back