Japanese Knives a restocking day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Those tweezers are beautiful, but I have to ask whether you find a functional difference with them as well. They ain't exactly cheap, and if there is a big difference, I am interested.

there should be a few people on here who have used them and might be able to chime in... i'd rather let them speak as to how the tweezers work if thats ok. If no one speaks up, i'll take some time and write up a bit about them. But suffice it to say, there is a difference.

Sure. I hope they do.

No offense meant by the question. I am sure I am not the first to ask it given the price.

Sure. I hope they do.

No offense meant by the question. I am sure I am not the first to ask it given the price.

no offense was taken.... i just prefer, if possible, to let things speak for themselves instead of interjecting with my absurdly biased preferences ;)

But but, your preference is what makes your store great, Jon.

Take following with a gain of salt. I have a pair of fish tweezers made by Mitsuru Kurata got them through rakuten. And if I understand correctly, they are very similar in design to ones Jon sells.

The model I have has quite a thin, but wide tip, which makes them really good for many small fishes that I usally deal with: aji, saba, sayori etc. They pick out the bones quite cleanly, easily, and effortlessly.

But but, your preference is what makes your store great, Jon.

Take following with a gain of salt. I have a pair of fish tweezers made by Mitsuru Kurata got them through rakuten. And if I understand correctly, they are very similar in design to ones Jon sells.

The model I have has quite a thin, but wide tip, which makes them really good for many small fishes that I usally deal with: aji, saba, sayori etc. They pick out the bones quite cleanly, easily, and effortlessly.

The ones Jon sells aren't that thin at the tip. Mine isn't. The width also varies depending on the model.

But, I haven't found a fish worthy of using my tweezers on . . . yet. ;) Actually, I haven't cut any whole fish recently, but, when I do, I'll post a review. :)

Ok, I'll officially vote...I have two different ones from you Jon. Which one for which fish?

Thank Michael,

Probably I should have said good tweezers make a different in usage.

I've found a picture of the one I have and hopefully makes my comment about thinness and width more into perspective.
CLAIM: It is not exactly one Jon is selling.

kurata-honenuki-1.jpg
ke10-1.jpg

Knives subtle differences I can start understanding but tweezers... you guys are hardcore! :nunchucks:

Back