Some Vacation!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Took the car in for 120,000 mile service and it's a small fortune to get it right.

Helped the Mrs. till her garden.

Cleaned and UV protected the hot tub cover, then tried to fix yet another leak.

Trapped three wood chucks (Hava Heart) and relocated.

Raked the newly cleared barn floor.

Still had time for a vodka tonic or two, a couple of stogies and vegging out. And, of course, keeping up to date with KKF posts. Also nice that it finally stopped raining today.

I guess I need to explain.

Yes I live in NYC, but my wife and I are also fortunate to have a house in Dutchess County about 90 miles north of the city. The place was a chicken farm way back when with the core of the house being about 160 years old. It has been expanded and modernized over the years. We typically come up here for our vacations. I can post some pictures tomorrow if you're interested.

I wish I knew you were coming around

OOOOps. I completely forgot about our previous conversation. Sorry, but I'll be back. This time of year through the fall I tend to spend a good amount of time up here (painting, pruning, sawing, and of course sanding). Pictures to follow as soon as my eyes open.

Okay, here are the pics:
image.jpg
You can make out the original Salt Box by the second floor.
image.jpg
Here's the back porch with the hot tub and flower gardens (not much bloomed yet).
image.jpg
Veggie garden all mulched and ready to go.
image.jpg
The barn is probably 160 years old too. The door on the far right leads to the old outhouse.
image.jpg
Our HUGE maple tree (no burl). Every time there's a nasty storm I keep my finger crossed even though it's braced.

There used to be a chicken coop, but we knocked it down because it was only used by the wasps and bees.

Looks wonderful. Seems like you have the best of both worlds.

You could say that. I really don't like being in the city, but it's a necessary evil. If I didn't have this place to escape to I'd go crazy.

Back