Thread: Garden Photos

Garden Photos

Some awesome gardens in the tomato thread so I thought I'd start one for proud gardeners. Mine is fairly utilitarian except for the entrance. And we get a late start up here.

The garden is visible to customers so it's also a marketing "gimmick".

This was all buckthorn and junkyard last spring. 2nd year at it and I'm still pretty disorganized.

These were about 2 weeks ago, so I'm about ready for a huge batch of kimchee with all this napa.

Raspberry patch in front, community garden that no one else uses across the street is all tomatoes.

Still a lot of clearing to do.

Drunken midnight photo of arugula radish curly mustard, mizuna.

Started out with this:

Name:  Backyard3.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  22.6 KB

Many, many bottles of aspirin later, the weeds are still winning, but now it looks like this:

Name:  Garden3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.9 KB

Tomatoes are in pots--you can just see the colored cages in amongst the roses:

Name:  Garden2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  19.9 KB

If you pick the right ones, roses are some of the easiest plants to grow here. They get pruned & fed once a year, and that's all. No spray, no water. About 4 years ago I started collecting seeds from hips to grow my own. They're just starting to bloom. This one I really like--it's about the most fragrant rose in my yard (smells like berries--and you can smell it 10 feet away), really healthy, and the foliage turns brilliant yellow in the fall.

Name:  Garden5.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.8 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Man I am envious of you guys having gardens. I got a 1'x3' box on my deck

Rocking it guys. My tomato plants are chest high. I wonder how they'll look after this tropical storm. My figs are already the size of rabbit testicles. If you've ever seen figs growing on a tree, you'll know what I mean.

Bush beans, Onions, Garlic, Carrots, Peas Strawberries Artichoke and lettuce that hasnt sprouted yet