Quantcast
New Web Site - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    WildBoar - There will be something in the near future about the colorations in maple, specifically mineral stains and other colorations. I wanted to get the site up and running and make the necessary changes as we went along. Also there will be a "standard" and p\"premium" offering with maple.

Lukas - The site was designed for a computer and maybe in the near future we can add something for iPads. Thanks for the suggestions. The rolling links at the bottom of the site was my designers idea. I am required to have a link back here to KKF as part of my vendor agreement and I decided to add some for those who have been good friends in the past and have supported me. I am still finding some spelling errors but they will be taken care of as we go along.

bkultra - There have been some severe problems with mahogany lately which has pushed my buttons to the end. A lot of it has ended up in the dumpster, before it was made into boards, a condition I simply can't afford. So the decision was made to drop it entirely and rely on the American woods that have served so well for so long. I can get some mahogany and that will be carefully chosen for the brick pattern and border boards that I will offer.

ejd53 - Thanks Ed!

Also, in the near future, once we get the kinks ironed out, I will have a "seconds" section added so I can list those boards which aren't good enough to be first quality yet are much to good for the dumpster. My part-timer and another customer finally convinced me to have these available.
    Your seconds are better than 90% of the firsts out there.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    David,

I have a couple of your boards for many years and you are the best. With that said, not liking your new website. Even when I add a board to my cart there is no price or choice for size. It could be my laptop, but the website also moves very slow.
    Jason

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    David,

I have a couple of your boards for many years and you are the best. With that said, not liking your new website. Even when I add a board to my cart there is no price or choice for size. It could be my laptop, but the website also moves very slow.
    There is a glitch in the shopping cart that I don't know how to fix. My designer assured me the site and shopping cart was ready to go and obviously it isn't. All I can do is keep fussing at her and hope she can get it fixed.

Sorry you are going through these new site issues, but not surprised. Took me a long time to work all the kinks out. I just hope your designer is responsive and that it doesn't drive you crazy. The good news is that you have a large and loyal following that, I'm sure, will be patient and even helpful in getting everything right.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    The good news is that the designer did something to work out the kinks in the shopping cart. Something about adding in an ecommerce something or other. Remember guys, I am a woodworker and certainly not a computer expert so these things are far above my understanding.

+ Reply to Thread