Quantcast
Another way to spend your $$$ --Falk's - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another way to spend your $$$ --Falk's

Thanks but I want a Windor pan not a saucier, I already have that in falk.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i have this 3.5 qt Viking, and it's very nice. might fit your needs.

Mauviel makes a Windsor pot but you really have to pay attention to which line you are buying. Amazon has been a good source for me. You might also want to search for a vintage Fait Tout on eBay or if your French is up to snuff order direct from E Dehillerin.

Dave

http://www.e-dehillerin.fr/en/cuprinox-extra-thick.php
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Every pro kitchen I have worked in has pots with loose or missing rivets. How long this would take to happen in a home environment is anyone's guess, but it is a reality.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The worst thing I've ever experienced in the kitchen was having a pot of boiling water dumped down my leg by one of my cooks when the rivets let loose on a pot. Not something I'd wish on any one. Just another reason why customer service and warranties become so important when spending this much $$$ on cookware.
    Loose or missing rivets = defects that should be replaced.

Dave

I just put a bid in for a new All Clad 2.5 Fait Tout in stainless. See if they take my bid of $100. Sad that nobody makes that shape anymore.

I hear you guys about rivets popping out and such. But does this really happen on quality pans? Sure it happens to those cheap solid allumnium pans that they sell at the Restraunt supply store. I'd never cook on them but i know thats the most popular pan in most kitchens.

I'd love to see a PIC of a De Buyer or falk pan with popped rivets? I'm sure its possible but, common? i don't think so.

I vaguely remember reading that Falk produces most of the copper-stainless laminated material and that, in the end, the difference between several of the companies is mainly in the handles and rivets. But I don't remember where I got that. I. Any case, that large Dehillerin saute pan has been on my list for the longest time.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I hear you guys about rivets popping out and such. But does this really happen on quality pans? Sure it happens to those cheap solid allumnium pans that they sell at the Restraunt supply store. I'd never cook on them but i know thats the most popular pan in most kitchens.
    We don't use the aluminum ones at work, not sure what brand but we have some pretty heavy duty stainless pots that have popped rivets.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I vaguely remember reading that Falk produces most of the copper-stainless laminated material and that, in the end, the difference between several of the companies is mainly in the handles and rivets.
    Add price and customer service and that pretty much sums it up. No matter who makes the copper foil or bi-metal as long as you compare the same thickness, performance is still the same. If you get into hand hammered or tin lined copper then there's a world of difference between products, where the copper comes from, quality of workmanship and if the tin is hand wiped or not.
    JC is right. Rivets will pop and it's not just on lower end cookware. Spending more $$ does not mean a product will never fail. If that were true my Viking range owes me big time!

Dave

+ Reply to Thread