Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another way to spend your $$$ --Falk's

Another way to spend your $$$ --Falk's

Dear Fellow Falk Cooking Enthusiasts,

If you missed out on the first email, we've extended the offer for a $100 gift certificate if you purchase a 12.5" Fry Pan, as is described below. Unfortunately, we cannot offer it on the Stew Pan any longer. Please do not miss this opportunity to own a very nice, and expensive, Fry Pan for peanuts. Gift certificates must be used prior to 31 August 2013 due to an anticipated change in the e-commerce platform.

"Thanks to all of you again for making 2012 our most successful year yet! The TV news organizations would all have us believing that the world is coming to an end, but not for now... I think.

In appreciation of your business, and because I way over-committed to Falk for 32cm/12.5"pieces of cookware, I am offering you a $100 Gift Certificate if you purchase a 12.5" Fry Pan or Stew Pan in the next few days. If you place an order for either of these items, I will send you by email a Gift Certificate good for $100 off your next purchase of $250 or more...

These two items are spectacular pans, but often not within the budgets of many people. Order covers for them, if you like, but I wouldn't, if it were my money. Use a large splash screen with the Fry Pan... You may want one for the Stew Pan, but there are less expensive alternatives.

I have plenty of Fry Pans in stock, but have limited quantities of Stew Pans. If you add the item to your cart and the stock status is 'no' then it will be backordered, though I will honor your gift certificate offer.

Thank you for your continued patronage and please take advantage of this great opportunity."

Please note that the Stew Pan is no longer part of the offer.

Sincerely

Michael Harp
    COPPERPANS.COM

you got hacked??

I LOVE Falk pans. I was fortunate to be able to have used a large saute pan that Warren lent me. I used it a few times over a year and really got to love this thing. Talk about the perfect pan for doing fish, nice even crust cooked to perfection. The control and even temps are astounding. The downside - price, weight, and maintenance. They're so worth the trouble and cost though, I wish I could afford some myself.

Wow cut and paste spam.
    I went on a Copper bender recently and replaced a lot of old cookware with Copper. I bought Falk, Mauviel and Mazzetti. The Falk is my least favorite. The brushed copper exterior is nice but the satin SS lining sticks and their handles/rivets are way too small. The biggest problem with Falk is the Falk USA distributor is a real Peach. There's been a few threads on CH with him chiming in but most are so off the wall or confontational they get deleted.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/888585
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

guys, I posted the e-mail that I was sent. I've got two Falk pans. 3.0L Saucier and 12.5" sauté pan. I also have al the debuyer fry pans, yep six of them. 11" country pan, Fry's 8", 10", 12", 14" and 11" crepe. They are my go to pans unless I need that ultra level of control. Everybody has preferences, some people think Debuyer pans are ugly too. Since I like to keep my copper shiny, I use BKF to scrub the interior and exterior after using. I'm kinda anal about my home cooking tools. As I see it the only draw back to the Falks is that they're NOT induction ready. These days, I use the my induction hob a lot (summer in NC), I can't use my Falks. So for me, they are my winter pans. Duckfat, I'd like to see you other copper pans. If you get a chance, post some PICS>

Here's a few of the Mazzetti. This is a 6 quart sauce pot that I had them install a second handle on like a soup pot. This one is 3mm, Bronze handles that are very comfortable and tin lining. The Mazzetti tin lining is vastly better than Mauviel.

Here's an inside shot of a Falk with the brushed SS and tiny rivets Vs a lower end Mauviel (WS-2mm).

Here's a close up of the Falk handles which look a lot more like cast pot metal (very silver) than Cast Iron.

Here's a shot of a Falk, 2mm WS Mauviel and a new Mauviel. The Cast Iron handles on the new Mauviels are sealed to prevent rust which is nice. The Falk handles rust very fast if you don't oil them.

Here's a Falk lid. The Falk lids are the best of the three (IMO) as they set down in the pot very slightly and get a nice seal

I've bought three more copper pots since I took these shots. I also added a 2.5mm Falk stock pot and a few more 2.5mm-SS lined Mauviel sauce pots with Cast Iron handles. The Falk stock pot is killer but the handles are very small.

I bought a Falk set and added a couple of extra pans when they just started retailing in the US through copperpans.com, about 7 years ago, I think. Love them. Before that my pans were All Clad. Still have the wok, but once you try copper, you are hooked. Copper and cast iron, to be more accurate.

Brush over polished finish on copper any day.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The branding all over the Falk is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by mzer View Post
    The branding all over the Falk is horrendous.
    Yes, I don't like it. Mine had a tiny pressed mark on the bottom of the pans.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com