Quantcast
Laser 270mm aeb-l gyuto video
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser 270mm aeb-l gyuto video

Laser 270mm aeb-l gyuto video

Made a little video yesterday of my favorit to go knife not a chef so cutting skills could be better.

nice handle...looks like a good cutter too. and I think your skills are a lot better than mine! Interesting board as well.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Thanks. its a bordsmith that i had made.

Good job bro.

Hoss

Nice video. I like how you cutting board is set up. Neat idea.

Jay

Like the vid, and I think the cutting skills are just fine.
    Like the board too

Upon seeing this thread/video I initially closed it down because of the past issues that we've had with CKTG fanboys being contracted (and also of their own fanboy will) spamming KKF with product videos in the past. Upon refection I think this isn't such a thing so I've re-opened the thread. I will assume that Magnus won;t be doing a video series for CKTG like the others have done and give him a chance here.

On the knife, it's funny because I've recently had a few of these pass through my hands and I'm finding them to be anything but a "laser"....maybe a wide beam laser but not what I'd consider a laser like knife at all. Also, I feel like they're softer than the advertised Rc61...more like Rc 58 at best. They raise a burr instantly (too fast for this steel at this hardness) and then this burr is not at all easy to remove and refine. This reminds me more of a German knife than a Japanese knife. Sorry but that's my take on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Upon seeing this thread/video I initially closed it down because of the past issues that we've had with CKTG fanboys being contracted (and also of their own fanboy will) spamming KKF with product videos in the past. Upon refection I think this isn't such a thing so I've re-opened the thread. I will assume that Magnus won;t be doing a video series for CKTG like the others have done and give him a chance here.

On the knife, it's funny because I've recently had a few of these pass through my hands and I'm finding them to be anything but a "laser"....maybe a wide beam laser but not what I'd consider a laser like knife at all. Also, I feel like their softer than the advertised Rc61...more like Rc 58 at best. They raise a burr instantly (too fast for this steel at this hardness) and then this burr is not at all easy to remove and refine. This reminds me more of a German knife than a Japanese knife. Sorry but that's my take on them.
    Your need to constantly denigrate certain makers and certain vendors does not reflect well on you as a professional.

Your need to constantly denigrate certain makers and certain vendors does not reflect well on you as a professional.
    can't help but agree.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was wondering why this vid. was still up when I watched it. I didn't mind the explanation. I didn't get the feeling of denigration, but a honest opinion of the knives he has seen. Dave has done this for a ton of other makers not just the cktg group.
    Chewie's the man.