• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jnat FS - Hideriyama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale: Hideriyama finishing stone, $185 (shipping + PP incl)

Stone is in great shape with no lines to worry about. It is on the softer side so is more forgiving and suitable for people new to Jnats: a good 'intro' stone, which is why it was recommended to me.

It will begin to cut quickly and release plenty of slurry which you will need to refine. Its softness and muddiness reminds me of a red aoto, though this stone is both finer and a bit grittier than a red. (Unfortunately, the slurry isn't good for polishing like from the red aoto.) It is classified as an awasedo or finishing stone, but it will leave a toothy finish rather than semi-mirror as the slurry will have some grit to it. Despite the toothiness the finish is quite uniform. (photo below)

This was my first Jnat and so I've been hesitant to sell but newer, more expensive purchases mean it's time to move on! Originally bought for Yen 20,000 in Japan, so I'm selling at a discount. As a Jnat it has seen virtually no wear.

Stone is lapped, but you may consider lacquering the sides or mounting on a base.

3 photos to follow - top, bottom and finish on White#2 deba

Hideriyamatop_zpsa865414b.jpg

Hideriyamabottom_zps5c65683d.jpg

Finish_zps54fdef80.jpg

Still no takers? Very affordable, user-friendly stone. Used it again yesterday & nice feedback. Price drop to $170 all included.

Back