• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for LH Kama-Usuba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Looking to try out/trade for a left-handed Kama-usuba. Let me know what you want and maybe we can make it happen. :)

Think Keichi needs a badger hair brush? Haha.

Seriously, are the ones on blueway any good?

I think they are all made in Sakai so, hit or miss. I haven't really used a usuba but, maybe twice.

Blueway is generally Sakai Yusuke stuff, the gyuto i had from them was pretty sweet.

Lemme know what you find, my roommate is a lefty and I know he'd like to try one out.

I got one from Keiichi, not one of the listed ones, and there was a slight bend in the blade. For what it cost it was still worth the risk and I've heard good reports of other usubas from there

i just purchased a sakai ichimonji kichikuni deba from blueway in white #2, left handed. i'm quite happy with this knife and received it in 3 days.

ichimonji kichikuni are great value for the money, my friends are very happy with the yanagibas :)

I got an Ichimonji from Keiichi 210 in Blue #2. I thought the grind was pretty good, only one small overgrind. I think they're a great deal for the $. Cool knife but really very specialized like no other knife I've owned. Be sure that you know what you want this knife for. Makes a Nakiri or Deba look like an all-rounder. Requires a special cutting technique to use properly.

Back