• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS two Ohiras and a Yaginoshima

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markenki

Reaction score
I need to raise funds to pay for some recent purchases, so I'm letting some of my stones go. Would rather keep these, but bills need to be paid!

Ohira Renge Suita Koppa (large)
From Maksim. Here's the original listing on his store: http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/Ohira-Range-Suita-Koppa-Lv-3-5-p/889.htm
Beautiful stone with lots of renge and yellow kan (rings). I know I'll regret selling this, but what can you do? Sealed with shellac. Used twice.
110mm x 160mm x 30mm.
Asking $400 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.

IMG_0592_zpsd8aeb499.jpg

IMG_0593_zps5117447c.jpg

Wet:
IMG_0603_zps098f114b.jpg

Ohira Renge Suita Koppa (small)
From Takeshi at aframes. Beautiful little stone. Mostly pure white with some renge. Came sealed on the sides with clear lacquer. Never used.
85mm x 118mm-83mm x 22mm.
Asking $100 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.

IMG_0597_zpsefee16fd.jpg

IMG_0596_zps79fe0cd7.jpg

Wet:
IMG_0606_zps185824d0.jpg

Yaginoshima
From Maksim. Here's the original listing on his store: http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/Yaginoshima-lv-3-5-p/400.htm.
Very nice clean stone with beautiful goma. Came sealed on the sides with a dark brown lacquer (urushi? cashew?). Used twice. Kanji still visible.
207mm x 75mm x 30mm.
Asking $225 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.

IMG_0594_zpsd6e446f7.jpg

IMG_0595_zps9bddcec5.jpg

Wet:
IMG_0599_zps7045b20e.jpg

I remember that yanagoshima on the JNS website and it sounds like a good, affordable stone. And the two others ... how could you have used them so little? Seems a shame, but good luck with the sale.

Thanks, yes, they are good stones. I'm just a home cook, so don't need to sharpen that often. Usually some stropping on loaded felt or leather is sufficient to bring my knives up to snuff. Plus I have some other stones I use as well (like a Takashima Awasedo from Jon).

Best regards,

Mark

Totally know what you mean. The curse of the home cook - having the gear, but so impatient to use it because, well, how much can you actually cook and sharpen unless you've got a huge family! ;)

Ok, folks, I need to move these stones, so I'm dropping the price a bit.

Ohira Renge Suita Koppa (large) $380 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.
That's a damned good price, especially given the recent JNS price increase.

Ohira Renge Suita Koppa (small) $90 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.

Yaginoshima $200 shipped in CONUS; elsewhere at cost.

Ohira Renge Suita Koppa (large) is sold.

Yaginoshima still available. Thanks.

I got the small one. Glad I went that route. Thx for the sale. :)

Back