• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Gesshin Kagero 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefdog

Reaction score
This knife was bought new from JKI and has been lightly used for less than two weeks, and sharpened once. Sharpens very easily & takes a very nice edge. I can't say anything about edge retention because it just wasn't used enough to make any judgment. Its just not quite right for my preferences, and I've already bought a replacement.

I can't take any pictures because the knife is currently in the possession of another forum member who wanted to check it out. The zippered case isn't included.
Here's the specs on the knife: http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...esshin-kagero-240mm-powdered-steel-gyuto.html

Asking $210 including paypal fees and conus shipping.

What was it that didn't suit you?

$200, final answer.

Somebody's going to get a great deal here. This is a 99% new knife, it just needs a new home. Please don't let it languish in a drawer feeling lonely and unappreciated. :(

I would buy this if I could spare the change... :(

I would consider trade deals for either a 240 Misono Dragon, or a 270-300 CarboNext suji (or similar), provided they're in comparable condition.

You want this knife, I can tell. Just buy it.

I'm open to trades (+ or - $) for any of the following (in very good, lightly used condition):
Misono Dragon 240 gyuto
Hattori FH suji 270-300
Hattori FH boning knife
Gesshin 4K

I think there's so little info about them in terms of reviews or anything like that, perhaps people are on the fence. They seem like great knives for the price. Perhaps a few photos would help?

Steven,
Agreed. I just got the knife back, so ill unpack it and take a few pics to post.
It's quite a good knife, just not exactly what I'm after. It sharpens quite easily, is nicely finished, and the geometry is pretty nice in the limited cutting I did with it, quite good on onions and potatoes. I can't speak to the retention, but it should be quite good as well.

Back