Hello from the Bay Area - US

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tandrup

Reaction score
Hi there,

Newbie from San Fran checking in. I just found this forum and want to use it to educate myself. A little background: I love cooking at home and love nice things and gadgets. I have a pair of Sabatiers that need to be replaced and I have just booked a 16 day summer vacation with the family going to Hong Kong, Tokyo and Kyoto. Leaving June 30th. I love the look of Japanese knives and think that's the way I want to go.

So, now I am trying to figure a couple of things out:

1) Is there still money to save by buying knives while I am in Japan
2) What knifes to get (I will post another thread somewhere with a little profile of what I am looking for.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi there,

Newbie from San Fran checking in. I just found this forum and want to use it to educate myself. A little background: I love cooking at home and love nice things and gadgets. I have a pair of Sabatiers that need to be replaced and I have just booked a 16 day summer vacation with the family going to Hong Kong, Tokyo and Kyoto. Leaving June 30th. I love the look of Japanese knives and think that's the way I want to go.

So, now I am trying to figure a couple of things out:

1) Is there still money to save by buying knives while I am in Japan
2) What knifes to get (I will post another thread somewhere with a little profile of what I am looking for.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks,
Lars

Never been knife shopping in Japan, but some Japanese knifes are cheaper to be bought in the US. It really depends on what you want to get.

Welcome from another bay area kid! South Bay, here. This is a real nice place, you'll like i!

Back