• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yanagiba, Honesuki and Filet Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kobayashi Hontan Seikon Dojo Professional Right-Handed Sashimi Hocho - 300mm with Saya

Bought a year ago from Epicurian Edge. Evidently Kobayashi is no longer alive and did not have any other family members to pass his knife making trade to. So this knife will not be made again. I don't know how to sharpen Single Bevel knives properly so I've never sharpened it, only stropped it with leather. since I moved from the coast, I don't make a lot of sashimi at home anymore. Its Hon Kasumi in Blue #2. Epic Edge only has one left in a 360. I have original box too.
$240 Shipped CONUS

Moritaka Honesuki 150 Blue Super AS. I've had this knofe for about two years. Bought from Chef Knives. It's beautifuly ground. There are some Mori's that have had grind problems (I know I got one). This knife is perfect though. Holds an edge forever. I hate letting go it it but these days i'm using my Deba to break down birds to the Mori just sits on the wall watching.
$105 Shipped CONUS

Mac Pro 7" Filet Knife. This knife will flex beyond 45 degrees as the blade is so thin. I doubt its even 0.5mm. Its been a good companion, but again, I've been using the Deba more for fish these days.

$80 +$10 for shipping CONUS.

knife 1photo.jpgknife2photo.jpgknife3photo.jpgknife4photo.jpg

Would have loved to get in on the Moritaka, but good deals go fast i guess.

I havent sold the Mac yet but the Yani and Mori are sold. Still need to make space on the magnet for recent purchase.

You can have the 7" Mac Professional Filet knife for $50 shipped CONUS. Is a $170 knife in excellent shape.

Kobayashi Hontan Seikon Dojo Professional Right-Handed Sashimi Hocho - 300mm with Saya

Bought a year ago from Epicurian Edge. Evidently Kobayashi is no longer alive and did not have any other family members to pass his knife making trade to. So this knife will not be made again. I don't know how to sharpen Single Bevel knives properly so I've never sharpened it, only stropped it with leather. since I moved from the coast, I don't make a lot of sashimi at home anymore. Its Hon Kasumi in Blue #2. Epic Edge only has one left in a 360. I have original box too.
$240 Shipped CONUS

Moritaka Honesuki 150 Blue Super AS. I've had this knofe for about two years. Bought from Chef Knives. It's beautifuly ground. There are some Mori's that have had grind problems (I know I got one). This knife is perfect though. Holds an edge forever. I hate letting go it it but these days i'm using my Deba to break down birds to the Mori just sits on the wall watching.
$105 Shipped CONUS

Mac Pro 7" Filet Knife. This knife will flex beyond 45 degrees as the blade is so thin. I doubt its even 0.5mm. Its been a good companion, but again, I've been using the Deba more for fish these days.

$80 +$10 for shipping CONUS.

View attachment 15804View attachment 15805View attachment 15806View attachment 15807

Back