Quantcast
Wootz Slicer 210mm - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wootz Slicer 210mm

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    The top sheath is awesome. There all nice. But the detail and subtle curves and shape of the top one makes it my favorite.
    Same here, that is my favorite of the three.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

K, Did you get word that the knife arrived to your sheath guy?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

It did arrive sir. Just confirmed it.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

AWESOME. Please post up some images of the completed sheath and knife combo when ya can!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

DOOOOOOD(s)!
    Dont know how i didnt know about this before. Amazing.
    There are only a few guys in the world that lnow how to make this stuff and i know they're very particular who they let work with it because too much heat will ruin it. So Hoss is being modest as usual when he says it was no big deal.

I may need to plan another trip to northern mn sooner than later....
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    DOOOOOOD(s)!
    Dont know how i didnt know about this before. Amazing.
    There are only a few guys in the world that lnow how to make this stuff and i know they're very particular who they let work with it because too much heat will ruin it. So Hoss is being modest as usual when he says it was no big deal.

I may need to plan another trip to northern mn sooner than later....
    Ha. Yeah, last time I mentioned it, it was a few weeks ago and I was having trouble getting all the pieces together. Now it is done. And I have to say that without Randy on this project, it may never have happened. A combination of patience, strategic reminders, and subtle pressure on his part kept things moving, and when the pieces finally fell in place, he exhaled half way and squeezed that trigger. And boy did he hit the mark.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Just as a follow up to Colin's comment -- if I understood it correctly. These were a few sheaths that might be some gator inspiration.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    The top sheath is awesome. There all nice. But the detail and subtle curves and shape of the top one makes it my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Same here, that is my favorite of the three.

k.
    Would have To agree with the two of you. It's kind of "Paul Long-ish"

My phone's auto complete cant keep all these makers straight; sorry for calling Haas Hoss (although its not alexactly an insult).

FWIW, Ill add to the group-think on the top sheath. So are you going to wear it around at parties? You could carry it strong-side and then mount the pendray wootz hunter weak-side as a back-up piece (just incase the turkey or roast manages to disarm you of the 1st one).

Speaking of which, thoes 2 knives are gonna look really good next to eachother, but may also make heads explode with envy.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

No worrys Justin. I have been called worst!

Chef N. I agree, It may even be one of Paul's? Either way its a sexy looking sheath!

Thank K. Im happy it all worked out. and honored to be able to make this one. Lets start another project SOON!!

Blessings
    Randy

I just got my slicer in today. It was hard sending it off for 2 weeks for the sheath before it got to me, but oh well. I also had a sheath made for my Adam Marr honeskuki.

I don't have a whole lot of impressions on the slicer yet. I searched my fridge over for proteins but there was hardly anything. I had to substitute cheese and other stuff.

My iimited nitial impressions are this:

PROs: the length and swoop of the the profile are amazing. It just lends itself for pull cutting and naturally swoops up while slicing so the blade is used fully from a few inches from the heal to the tip. The handle looks awesome, and Randy did an amazing job.

CONs: It's not as good for harder stuff like really hard cured meats. I suspected that. The handle also -- while beautiful -- is odd. A dry hand on a dry handle is quite slippery. I actually dampen my hand before using it. This is different.

So here is a pic of my two sheaths with knife. Town Cutler did the work on the sheaths, and Galen was very nice tow work with.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2005.jpg‎
Views:	18
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	16664  

+ Reply to Thread