Wootz Slicer 210mm - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wootz Slicer 210mm

Looking good, K!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I just got my slicer in today. It was hard sending it off for 2 weeks for the sheath before it got to me, but oh well. I also had a sheath made for my Adam Marr honeskuki.

I don't have a whole lot of impressions on the slicer yet. I searched my fridge over for proteins but there was hardly anything. I had to substitute cheese and other stuff.

My iimited nitial impressions are this:

PROs: the length and swoop of the the profile are amazing. It just lends itself for pull cutting and naturally swoops up while slicing so the blade is used fully from a few inches from the heal to the tip. The handle looks awesome, and Randy did an amazing job.

CONs: It's not as good for harder stuff like really hard cured meats. I suspected that. The handle also -- while beautiful -- is odd. A dry hand on a dry handle is quite slippery. I actually dampen my hand before using it. This is different.

So here is a pic of my two sheaths with knife. Town Cutler did the work on the sheaths, and Galen was very nice tow work with.

k.

K great looking sheaths! Thanks for the initial impressions. I look forward to a further review of the knife.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy, I apologize a bit for my initial impressions. I was a bit tipsy when I wrote that up. That's the problem with drinking less, your tolerance goes down and a little goes a looooooong way. I was just happy I didn't commission a custom knife while under the influence. I promise to give a better write up once I have tried it out some more.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson