End Grain Cutting Board in Cherry

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
For finishing a board I prefer to oil it overnight, and then to apply a coat of natural waxes/mineral oil mixture and to buff it. At this stage, the board has only been oiled. Will post pics of a finished product tomorrow.

dsc1540.jpg

This was a custom order. I do have enough of the same lumber for one more. It's is highly figured cherry. Some of the figure shows on the endgrain in the middle of the board.

M

Yes it is. The board's size is 22.25"x16.5"x1 3/4". From the lumber I selected, I had only enough for two boards, so I gave a customer a choice for a 2" thick board in 15" width, or 1 3/4" in 16.5" width. She chose the latter.

Also, the rubber feet are recessed into the bottom of the board, so it sits 3/16 over the counter.

M

I must say that I like my 1 3/4 inch board. It takes off just enough weight and width.

k.

For my own home, I will make 1 3/4'. Our counter tops are already at a certain height, and my wife is 5'4, so for her to use a cutting board comfortably, it has to sit low and be as thin as possible.

Last edited:
Back