Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Pics

Very nice

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Here are a couple more I PIF'ed for some friends/co-workers. Free of charge, of course. I won't even accept money for materials. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    An 8inch Wustoff Chef for the guy that recommended me for the job @ the hotel I'm at now. I also did a boner and a bread Wusty too.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    An old Henckel paring that my boss(at my old job) had in his basement. It was a gift from his mother from when he graduated culinary school in the early 80's. It was warped and had a really badly broken tip. I was able to correct the warp too.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

This is a Messermeister Meridian Elite that Chuckles donated to me. I put some redwood on it. I drew some inspiration from Daniel Omalley's Western shig rehandles. This is the 1st time I've messed around with curves so much. It's not perfect, but I like it. I gave this one away to a recent culinary school grad who was using Cuisinart knives.
    Thanks Chuckles!
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)

Nice work! I really like the pin arrangement on the 8" wustoff

Nice!

That pic gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Good work.
    Economy of means leads to dexterity of will.

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
    The Meridian Elite is a solid knife on its own. That's a lucky dude. Nice job!

Not sure how I missed this thread, awesome work!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater