First Pics

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
First Pics
So normally I would've posted this in the PIF department, since I gave it away yesterday...........
....but I couldn't resist posting in the new thread!
DSC_00362_zps0951d4b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_00353_zps5c48e2e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is crazy Korean knife I got from Son. I got a bunch from him, and will be busy for a while. I rounded the spine and choil and did a couple hot vinegar baths. The handle is tamarind with a red G10 spacer.

Thanks for doing this Dave!

Oh goodie, another handle maker. I love handle makers.:EDance2:

hah! that looks a lot like my crazy Korean knife, but the handle on my crazy Korean knife sure as hell doesn't look like that! best knife for cutting up poultry that i own.

great work! beautiful handle!:thumbsup:

hah! that looks a lot like my crazy Korean knife, but the handle on my crazy Korean knife sure as hell doesn't look like that! best knife for cutting up poultry that i own.

very similar to the one you got on the ebay but, mine were brought back by a marine stationed there in the 70's. They look remarkably alike and some have the same makers marks as the ones on ebay. I guess things don't change much when you have well, nothing. It's just a tool albeit a cool one.

Here are a couple more I PIF'ed for some friends/co-workers. Free of charge, of course. I won't even accept money for materials.
DSC_0127_zps1bdb355b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0129_zpsa4b10396.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
An 8inch Wustoff Chef for the guy that recommended me for the job @ the hotel I'm at now. I also did a boner and a bread Wusty too.

DSC_0221_zps8d70a715.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0222_zps61084897.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
An old Henckel paring that my boss(at my old job) had in his basement. It was a gift from his mother from when he graduated culinary school in the early 80's. It was warped and had a really badly broken tip. I was able to correct the warp too.

DSC_0228_zps3d268e64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0230_zps0012a6ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0239_zps1bc4362f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0227_zpse4af0dc6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a Messermeister Meridian Elite that Chuckles donated to me. I put some redwood on it. I drew some inspiration from Daniel Omalley's Western shig rehandles. This is the 1st time I've messed around with curves so much. It's not perfect, but I like it. I gave this one away to a recent culinary school grad who was using Cuisinart knives.
Thanks Chuckles!

Nice work! I really like the pin arrangement on the 8" wustoff

The Meridian Elite is a solid knife on its own. That's a lucky dude. Nice job!

Back