Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restoring mirror finish

on top of this I was wondering what you guys like to use for patina removal and light rust removal? and yes I know, why would you want to remove patina, I do not, but wondering what people use.

I've used barkeeper's friend and flitz but lately, i've been using an awesome pair of rust erasers that I'm not sure Jon wants me to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    No, you are way too coherent.
    Acting!

Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    on top of this I was wondering what you guys like to use for patina removal and light rust removal? and yes I know, why would you want to remove patina, I do not, but wondering what people use.
    I've been using stone slurry from a natural stone. If the patina or rust isn't too deep this works well and doesn't impact the previous finish of the knife.

Nevr dull is kick ass stugf for polishing, removing patina and many other uses...

Are mirror finishes supposed to be devoid of scratches - when seen at all angles? Mine only appear scratch-less when seen a certain way.

And what causes / how do I get rid of those faint, spider web type scratches?