Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any honda s2000 owners?

any honda s2000 owners?

i've wanted one for the longest time and i may have found one that i can finally take the plunge on. going to test drive an '01 model next weekend. from a dealership, says single owner with 104k miles. reason i chose this one is because the listing says it is completely stock, i wanted an unmolested one where the previous owner appreciated it for what it was and treated it with respect.

is there anything i should be looking out for during initial inspection?

post pics of your s2k here!

Are you familiar with working on rotary Motors or have a shop that is?

i'm not asking about rx-7's bro.

I'm not too up on them, but I do know the earlier ones were a little lass practical on the street due to the need to rev high before getting any torque. I knew several people who had them, but only kept for a couple years. Fun at autocrosses and track days, not so much on the street.

but that's part of the charm (also why i didnt look for 2nd generation which redlines at 8k instead of 9k), motorcycle on 4 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i'm not asking about rx-7's bro.
    Sorry you are correct in was thinking rx7

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    but that's part of the charm (also why i didnt look for 2nd generation which redlines at 8k instead of 9k), motorcycle on 4 wheels.
    I hear you, but these people found it hard to live with after a short while. They were all track guys though, so their standards are likely different then those who are used to street-only driving.

yeah i'm not a track guy at all, nor a motorhead or even a car enthusiast. just a fan of tight mechanics.

Not sure what the po' po' situation is down there in Boca, but I understand the higher revs tend to attract attention. I doubt it will bother all of the senors in the neighborhood though, as it will be above their hearing range

You would expect Honda to produce a good roadster. One of the few automakers who still have the manual stick shift as an option with some of their models.

The 2000 had a double overhead cam V-Teck engine set behind the front wheels for 50/50 balance. It got good ratings sold well worldwide until the recession sank sales.

Roadster market is risky, only Mazda has survived. Honda, Toyota, Saturn, & others tried to cash in on Mazda's success.

If you are looking for a pure roadster that you can carve up the curves with the Honda should deliver. I imagine that you could get one pretty cheap. Just don't make a Costco run with it space is very limited