Thread: Boston advice

Boston advice

Planning a trip to bean town. Gonna stay a few days. Any tips on great sushi close to convention center or knife shops to visit. Also interested in noodle joints.

Which convention center? Boston or Hynes?

Hynes

Im not a sushi guy but Im a big fan of this place called Petite Robert Bistro. I think there are two of them right now it can vary. You will also be right down the street from Eastern Standard which I think is a pretty good place as well.

FWIW I love the area but I went to BU so there's that lmao.

I've heard good things about Douzo and Umai. For the budget minded, there's a relatively cheap place called Irashai across the street from my school in chinatown. Not too much in the way of knife shops; there's a small kitchenware store somewhere along Newbury street in Back Bay, but it carries your typical Kikuichi, Shun, Wusthof, etc. In the same vein, there's a SLT in Copley Place.

Oh and be sure to swing by Eastern Standard for their butterscotch bread pudding; it's to die for!

All of Ken Orringer/Jaime Bissonette's places are stellar: Clio, Toro, Coppa, and Uni, the last of which is a pretty stellar sushi joint, at least it was last I was there, which was about a year back.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Yume wo katare

I second Toro and Coppa. I just ate a Toro a few days ago, quince glazed duck drumettes and beef heart crostini, so good! Shojo is also a good spot. not relly a noodle joint, but they do have noodle bowls once in a while, and the suckling pig buns are worth the trip.

Thx for tips.