Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave up.

I gave up.

Today I put all of my knives and stones and books up for sale.

I gave up on cooking. I got tired of working for minimum wage. I lost a series of jobs (the last one two days prior to xmas) for reasons I guess I don't understand. Maybe I am less in touch with reality than I had thought. Or maybe just unlucky. I still don't have a job. I don't know if I will be homeless or not at this point.

I don't have any other skills really and never was interested in much else but food and cooking- work stuff. Cooking professionally was a part of my identity.

To be honest I really don't care to think about food, much less fine dining, much less think about or even overhear about "the industry." I haven't cooked anything from scratch in more than 8 weeks, at home for myself.

Anyway. I haven't come looking for sympathy or anything I just thought it would be fair let you guys know I won't be around anymore. Sorry to darken your day.

Cheers. Enjoy yourselves.

SpoiledBroth
    Blue skies over bad lands

I was really hoping today was April Fools day. So sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear this. Not sure how old you are or what your situation is - but sure do hope you get back on your feet soon.

Wow, I´m sorry to hear this. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope your life takes a turn for the better soon.
    - Kim

Hope you find what you are looking for. May the light shine upon your new path.

Spoiled, What is said about "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Remember, life is a journey and with a good attitude, some hope and continued pursuit, you can do anything. Its true. After never having picked up an instrument, taught myself (through videos) to play claw hammer banjo. I gave myself carpel tunnel syndrome in my left index finger, doing it, but I learned to play be damed. Find something else to do. If your that depressed, you might be clinically depressed, so get help, talk to someone you trust.

Just remember "this too will soon pass" and tomorrow will be better than today.

best wishes, just know that there are people out there that care.

dennis
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Sorry to hear you're going through tough times, hope you find a path that puts you on the right track

Sorry to hear this, man. Kitchens will definitely kick your dick in.

Sorry to hear this as well. Please consider keeping a couple of knives and stones, as you will find some passion for cooking again at home once you get your new career path set. And please check in here at KKF every now and then -- we're about more then just knives and stones.

I can also only express sadness for the tough situation you are finding yourself in and hope that you find your feet in very short order.

I would echo WildBoar's comments about this community being more than about knives and stones. This has certainly been my experience here at KKF.