Garden Photos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Some awesome gardens in the tomato thread so I thought I'd start one for proud gardeners. Mine is fairly utilitarian except for the entrance. And we get a late start up here.

The garden is visible to customers so it's also a marketing "gimmick".

This was all buckthorn and junkyard last spring. 2nd year at it and I'm still pretty disorganized.

These were about 2 weeks ago, so I'm about ready for a huge batch of kimchee with all this napa.

Raspberry patch in front, community garden that no one else uses across the street is all tomatoes.

Still a lot of clearing to do.

Drunken midnight photo of arugula radish curly mustard, mizuna.

Started out with this:

Backyard3.jpg

Many, many bottles of aspirin later, the weeds are still winning, but now it looks like this:

Garden3.jpg

Tomatoes are in pots--you can just see the colored cages in amongst the roses:

Garden2.jpg

If you pick the right ones, roses are some of the easiest plants to grow here. They get pruned & fed once a year, and that's all. No spray, no water. About 4 years ago I started collecting seeds from hips to grow my own. They're just starting to bloom. This one I really like--it's about the most fragrant rose in my yard (smells like berries--and you can smell it 10 feet away), really healthy, and the foliage turns brilliant yellow in the fall.

Garden5.jpg

Man I am envious of you guys having gardens. I got a 1'x3' box on my deck :(

Rocking it guys. My tomato plants are chest high. I wonder how they'll look after this tropical storm. My figs are already the size of rabbit testicles. If you've ever seen figs growing on a tree, you'll know what I mean.

a1dd201e71c754487241fce35df35841.jpg

609fd2dc49a4d98b6144dac6304cdb4a.jpg

Bush beans, Onions, Garlic, Carrots, Peas Strawberries Artichoke and lettuce that hasnt sprouted yet

Back