Preorder Sign-Up (Harner/McLean Parer)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
We've had so much interest in these that Butch and I are starting a pre-order list. You guys all likely know which knife I'm talking about, but here's a straightforward picture for you all to see the true look/profile of the knife.

5CFBEADC-E5AF-4D59-9E4B-6D81E3F8E764-6355-000008DE2F515650.jpg

The handle has been tapered, as per comments at ECG, even though many loved it as is. However, Butch and I talked, and we trust you guys 100%, so we tweaked it for you. :)

There are 10 of these being made in the first batch, and two are already spoken for (jjperry and I believe Johnnychance). I told others they'd have to wait, until I had solid numbers, and now we do! :D Also, there will be at least two mycarta versions, but with special requests, we can go up to 5. Otherwise, they will have this classic walnut handle.

The way this is going to work is first come, first served. The knives are not ready yet, but are in the next batch of Butch's knives to do. As a result, I won't be taking deposits until they are virtually ready to go. With that being said, the emails regarding this knife have been a bit unbelievable, so if you put your name on here, please honor the reservation so those who want one can get them.

Thanks everyone for the comments, feedback and just being flat out awesome!

Price: $135, plus shipping.

I'd love to get one of these. I'm in.

Lefty, Thanks for making this happen. Could you post some specs? Is it AEB-L? Butch did the heat treating himself right? Thanks again. Very excited. can wait for the Pierre/Lefty/Lamson Gyuto too.

Wow! Round one is finished.

Thanks everyone!

Geez, don't you guys ever sleep? ;) Nice knife!

Stefan

Yeah, I actually feel badly about a few guys who didn't get their names in, but showed interest in the original thread. I have a feeling there might be a round two, three....

Arghh, you got to be kidding me. Im in if anyone backs out, if not for round two definately.

Ugh. And I was waiting for this thread to pop up. And you'd think since I no longer sleep I would have caught this

Guess I missed out. I was trying to log in to KKF less frequently . . . And I was one who sent a PM to ask questions after I saw the original thread.

Oh, well. I'd like to be a back up for round one, or perhaps on the list for round 2

Wow, sorry I missed it. Congrats, looks like a winner.

Can we go ahead and sign up for another round? I think there are more of us :).

I'll talk it over with Butch and see if 20 is doable. I'll report back ASAP!

Also, for those of you who are looking for specs, these knives will have:

Blade Length: 85mm
Handle Length: 100mm
Steel Type: CTS-XHP, hardened to 61hrc
Grind Type: Hollow, on a 4' platen.

Thanks again, everyone.

Already have an answer. Unfortunately, between Butch's custom orders, and razors, 10 is all he can handle for now. He might try to squeeze in an extra one, steel permitting, but that's it until round 2.

Thanks for the amazing response to this, guys!

Aw, man! :D Would love to get one as well, but I guess I have to wait. If there's a round 2 please sign me up! Great job designing this one, it looks like a stunner of a knife!

Back