KKF rolling vacation...from little rock to memphis to charlotte to fleetwood to....not sure.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Confirmed travel plans for work/personal for the next few weeks and would love to connect with KKF peeps along the way:

Will be travelling from little rock to charlotte via memphis starting next friday-ish (Jun 14).

Will be in Charlotte the week of the 17th.

Will be travelling North from there to Fleetwood/Pittsburgh/Philly/Gettysburg (150th anniversary). Probably spend about 2-3 weeks doing this.

Then traveling back to little rock after that, route not yet determined (cen PA to cen AR).

If any of this lines up with where you're going to be, and you'd like to meet up with another KKFer, please let me know and we can work something out!

Going to have the wife, RV, and 4 dogs along for the ride too. (and knives, stones, cutting boards, of course!)

On your travels north, my door is open if you'd like to come to Raleigh? Its about three hours from Charlotte. I've got an extra vintage Italian Rossin in Columbus Steel 54cm top tube if your interested in doing some riding?

Are you going to Charlotte, NC to connect with Chris? I should be around the weekend of the 17th (22nd and 23rd)?

Let me know and I'll start curing the meats this weekend. Be cool if we could round up some other folks in the area? I know there are guys from Durham and such.

My girl friend will be here so your wife can get a break. After this journey, if your wife doesn't already loathe your knife habit, she sure will after it. LOL

heh...a little apre-ECG? that would be cool. putting pins on the map to figure out routes/timing....and working on approvals from my Social Co-ordinator ;)

I will not be able to go to DC, NJ, or New York...PA is about as far north as I can go....but I can get close to DC, if that makes a difference.

Edit: actually, looking at a map..I didn't realize NJ went so far west, I'll have to go through WV to get into PA...so I can't get very close to DC :(

Philly is right off 95N, so you could head east when you leave Charlotte and come up 95 right by DC. Not trying to push it on you, but there are a few of us around the area if you could get by this way.

Welp, looks like you will miss out on all the great people in the DC, Philly, NYC and CT area. Your loss!

Still working out the details with the Mrs...but the route is looking like:

Memphis, Charlotte, Raleigh, Ashville, Pittsburg, Fleetwood, Gettysburg, Cincinatti, somewhere in KY (maybe louisville), home.

Would love to see you guys along the NJ/DC/NYC route, looks like not this year though...kind of a shame given the concentration of folks along that line...but SWMBO has weighed in.

Working on dates now.

maybe a freshly smoked pork belly would change your mind?

You do know how to tempt a fellow don't you? Honestly, this was the Mrs.' decision (SWMBO)...Raleigh + Fleetwood were the compromise.

Smoked Pork belly sounds good. But I'm planning roasted Hog Jowl's. They're cured and I sous Vide them at 140 for 80hrs. Then I'll pan sear them and finish them off in the oven.

Or I was thinking about a Ballentine Chicken stuffed with Guyere and herb bread? Paella? carnitas? Taco's Al Pasteur?

What date are you thinking about? You were come up in two weeks right? June 22nd? I'd like to nail down a date so that we could get others to join us.

Smoked Pork belly sounds good. But I'm planning roasted Hog Jowl's. They're cured and I sous Vide them at 140 for 80hrs. Then I'll pan sear them and finish them off in the oven.

Or I was thinking about a Ballentine Chicken stuffed with Guyere and herb bread? Paella? carnitas? Taco's Al Pasteur?

What date are you thinking about? You were come up in two weeks right? June 22nd? I'd like to nail down a date so that we could get others to join us.

Damn....that all sounds awesome! Yup, we're still firming the dates up, but right now it looks like we'd roll into Raleigh Jun 21st, and leave Jun 23rd. So the 22nd would be perfect!

OK, schedule through 6/27 firm:

Charlotte, NC 6/16/2013-6/21/2013
Raleigh, NC 6/21/2013-6/23/2013 Hoping to meet with Mucho Bocho + whoever else can make it!
Asheville, NC 6/23/2013-6/27/2013

Anybody in Asheville? Or have recommendations for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

If you get north of NYC y'all are welcome here.

Still working out the details with the Mrs...but the route is looking like:

Memphis, Charlotte, Raleigh, Ashville, Pittsburg, Fleetwood, Gettysburg, Cincinatti, somewhere in KY (maybe louisville), home.

Would love to see you guys along the NJ/DC/NYC route, looks like not this year though...kind of a shame given the concentration of folks along that line...but SWMBO has weighed in.

Working on dates now.

I would possibly be able to meet up in Cincinnati or Louisville. I know there are at least a couple of other members in those areas, maybe get a small group together.

I would possibly be able to meet up in Cincinnati or Louisville. I know there are at least a couple of other members in those areas, maybe get a small group together.

Awesome! I was just PMing EdipisReks about it...thinking it might be around Jul 10ish.

not sure what my schedule is next week, but we can meet up with chris. i was just in raleigh last weekend, seemed there was more going on there than in charlotte, go figure. maybe it was just new town syndrome.

not sure what my schedule is next week, but we can meet up with chris. i was just in raleigh last weekend, seemed there was more going on there than in charlotte, go figure. maybe it was just new town syndrome.

I'm going to Raleigh right after Chalotte, you could caravan it with us! :)

Sounds awesome...very excited to be meeting a lot of KKFers on my interstate meandering! Don't have any firm plans with KK yet, but would love to have a little apre-ECG! Just barely late for it....

We arrived safely in Andrew Jackson State Park (Lancaster, SC). Wife did an excellent job picking our site...which is why I leave such things to her.
9060363599_c273f78f28.jpg

I am also dow to hang with chris and panda in charlotte

Pumbaa: Awesome! Looks like it's going to be Thur night with KK. If that doesn't work for you, we could do meet another night as well.Panda: bummer :( I'll be in Raleigh on Sat night, if you want a day trip. Or in Asheville 24/25/26. Understand if none of that works for you though.

OK, schedule through 6/27 firm:Charlotte, NC 6/16/2013-6/21/2013Raleigh, NC 6/21/2013-6/23/2013 Hoping to meet with Mucho Bocho + whoever else can make it!Asheville, NC 6/23/2013-6/27/2013Anybody in Asheville? Or have recommendations for breakfast/lunch/dinner?
OK more of the schedule confirmed:pittsburgh 6/28 - 7/2Fleetwood 7/2 - 7/4Gettysburg 7/4 - 7/8Anybody in/near Pittsburgh/Gettysburg?

i'd love to join you for both raleigh and asheville but the timing is not right. hope you enjoy your stay in nc though! perhaps we could meet for lunch on thursday in town?

Back