western gyuto rehandling

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4awd

Reaction score
Any recommendations on good place to send gyuto for rehandling with nicer scales. Knife is a hattori KD.. was thinking Some sort of wood or bone/horn

Twistington here on the forum. he lives in Sweden.

Any recommendations on good place to send gyuto for rehandling with nicer scales. Knife is a hattori KD.. was thinking Some sort of wood or bone/horn

If you want to keep it "in house" just go to the Vendor's forum and you can see a list of the handle makers that are KKF members. They are all master craftsmen.

Thanks, i have reached out to the in house vendors whose rehandling work i like, was also looking for any recommendation outside of the forum members or vendors since most have substantial backlogs.

Do you have any pictures of the KD, it's not exactly a common knife.

ill try to get some up, still 12 posts from being able to upload photos directly. saves the hassle of linking to an external pic hosting site. Its been well used but not abused. Have sharpened it down close to the damascus by now and some minor scuffs and nicks on the bolster and handle.

Do you have any pictures of the KD, it's not exactly a common knife.

Here are some pics, will try to post better ones with up close of the damascus clad. Its been a daily driver so the contrast is not that apparent anymore. I etched it back once few years back looked almost new but prefer it this way less texture on the knife got through food better and less sticking

IMAG0051.jpgIMAG0052.jpgIMAG0050.jpg

Back