Suisin HC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been around forever. Very good F/F. Better than average for an entry level line. Not as inexpensive as they once were, but still a good bang for the buck. They don't get a lot of notice, but it always seems that the folks that have them have very good things to say about them.

Korin used to sell them,I bought one fr. them in 2002,240 was around 100.00 then.My first Yanagi was also a Suisin fr. Korin.

according Korin Suisin HC is made with High Carbon Steel/Nihonkou=(日本鋼/Japan steel)= SK steel
Jon & Mari correct me if I'm wrong!

Hi hi,
Suisin always refers to it as "Nihonkou," but yes I believe it is SK steel. :)

I was looking at the Honesuki yesterday... Wondering if Korin are going to have another sale next month, might be a nice try for $90 (i think?) less 15%... Has to be better than the DP I sent back, and I have developed a liking for carbon since playing with my new Misono. Pulling chickens apart has to make them turn a nice colour, right? If anyone has one of these I would be interested to hear what you think.
Robert

Just sold my 270 gyuto. Great knife, incredibly easy to sharpen. A bit on the softer side which made it really durable. I have a crush in the western deba from this line.

I was looking at the Honesuki yesterday... Wondering if Korin are going to have another sale next month, might be a nice try for $90 (i think?) less 15%... Has to be better than the DP I sent back, and I have developed a liking for carbon since playing with my new Misono. Pulling chickens apart has to make them turn a nice colour, right? If anyone has one of these I would be interested to hear what you think.
Robert

I had one of the honesukis and I still regret selling it after more thana year. It's a very good knife for a steal. I still have the 240 yo-deba, which is also indestructible, fairly unreactive, and easy to put an edge on.

Back