Thread: A little help

A little help

So I am not around much these days. Just very busy working. But I am going to the Aspen food and wine festival next week and am having trouble deciding which of my knives to bring.

Little help choosing?

Gotta be a Burke
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Congrats, heard from some friends that its a great event. What will you be in charge of preparing for the event if i may ask? Every food show or event i have had a chance to be a part of has always had cramped booths or work areas. Ussually shorter is a better option. Loved using 180-210 petty or gyuto for events like this can do most everything i needed with just one knife. i'm always weary of traveling with a lot of knives specially if you have pricier knives. I'm always paranoid that my luggage will get lost. A friend of mine lost his entire kit he brought with him coming back from spain. Airlines apparently lost his luggage he had just finished staging for a month. this was about 4 years ago but his story still makes me paranoid anytime i have to check in my knives in baggage.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    How many are you taking? A gyuto, and a petty?
    Chewie's the man.

probably gyuto, two slicers, boning knife or two, parer.

More thinking about which ones not what kind.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'd be scared to bring a Burke or Kramer, I would lose my mind if the airline lost my stuff!
    That being said...............
    .............I'd still definitely take the Kramer as your gyuto, I really covet my neighbor's knife.
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)