A little help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrud

Founding Member
Reaction score
So I am not around much these days. Just very busy working. But I am going to the Aspen food and wine festival next week and am having trouble deciding which of my knives to bring.

Little help choosing?

Congrats, heard from some friends that its a great event. What will you be in charge of preparing for the event if i may ask? Every food show or event i have had a chance to be a part of has always had cramped booths or work areas. Ussually shorter is a better option. Loved using 180-210 petty or gyuto for events like this can do most everything i needed with just one knife. i'm always weary of traveling with a lot of knives specially if you have pricier knives. I'm always paranoid that my luggage will get lost. A friend of mine lost his entire kit he brought with him coming back from spain. Airlines apparently lost his luggage he had just finished staging for a month. this was about 4 years ago but his story still makes me paranoid anytime i have to check in my knives in baggage.

How many are you taking? A gyuto, and a petty?

probably gyuto, two slicers, boning knife or two, parer.

More thinking about which ones not what kind.

I'd be scared to bring a Burke or Kramer, I would lose my mind if the airline lost my stuff!
That being said...............
.............I'd still definitely take the Kramer as your gyuto, I really covet my neighbor's knife.

Back