• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Considering a trade: my Konosuke HD 270 Funayuki for your Masamoto KS 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannynyc

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's ok to put up a post like this, and the moderators can feel free to take this down if not, but I'm toying with the idea of the following trade, but I haven't absolutely decided I want to do it. If this sounds good to you, let me know, and we can talk about it.

I recently got a Konosuke 270mm HD funayuki gyuto. I love everything about it except one thing -- the size. At 277mm, it's a little big for this home cook (but still very, very light at 6oz).

If you have a Masamoto KS 240mm gyuto in good condition, without too much patina (though I'd consider a very nice one), and you think you might be interested in a trade, let me know and we can talk it over. They retail for almost exactly the same price, so it seems like a fair trade.

My Kono is so new (I haven't even sharpened it) that I feel very comfortable just pointing you to the photos I posted when I first bought it. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/12266-Konosuke-Funayuki-Gyuto-270mm-review

I'm not interested in any other trades for now, and I'm not looking to sell my Kono. I like it a lot and would only trade it given the right situation.

Thanks for looking.

danny, can i make a suggestion? Theres plenty of people here that own masamoto KS gyutos, perhaps you should ask to borrow one for a period of time, in exchange the other person can borrow your Konosuke. people tend to do this under the pass around section from time to time. you could put a "want to borrow" ad there. but if you feel that a masamoto is definitely the knife you want then please disregard my suggestion.

danny, can i make a suggestion? Theres plenty of people here that own masamoto KS gyutos, perhaps you should ask to borrow one for a period of time, in exchange the other person can borrow your Konosuke. people tend to do this under the pass around section from time to time.

Well, that's a capital idea. If anyone is up for LOL's suggestion, let me know. I'd need the swap to last until late July. THen we could trade if and only if we both still want to.

Sorry, let me clarify: I'd be into a temporary swap but would prefer to do it with someone who is seriously considering a permanent trade. For that reason, this probably belongs in B/S/T and not the pass around section.

Any takers? I'm open to discussing any reasonable arrangement.

Latest posts

Back